Chapter 6 ~ Fallout

Chaper 6 ~ Fallout

Phil's P.O.V

I let her walk ahead of me the whole way to the apartment, she knew the way. Judging by her gate and the speed of her step, I could tell that she couldn't wait to get inside and away from me. The first thing she'd probably do would be to rush up to Dan and hug him, I'd just have to grin and bear it. But what if she tells him? What if she sobbs into his chest about how I flipped out and lost it? Dan would kill me! 

By the time I had gotten to the top of the stair case of the floor our apartment's on, the door had been closed and I was alone in the long hall. It was to be expected that she'd got there first, after all, she did take the lift. 

Slowly, I took a few steps down the hall toward our door, listening intently for any indication of someone crying, but  heard nothing, so I sped up ever so slightly. The door burst open when I was merely a few steps away from it and Dan marched out looking totally pissed off. He spotted me and folded his arms over his chest.

"What time do you call this then, Phil?" He said angrily, frowning at me. Cadance emerged behind him and smirked. She'd told him something alright, but not the actual events that occured. Probably to protect their 'relationship'. Pfft, It'd be over if he knew that she'd been back in, that's why she'd called me. Figures.

"Uh ..." I replied, still unaware of where this was going. What did she tell him? 

"This isn't funny! Cadance said she saw you sneak out last night when we'd all gone to bed. It's quarter past 6 for fucks sake, Phil! Where the hell did you go?" Dan stared disbelievingly at me, and when I didn't answer due to that fact that I was shocked that she could lie so easily, turning my best friend against me whithout even batting an eyelid, he chuckled darkly. 

"What?" I ask, rasing an eyebrow and pushing my hands deeper into my jacket pockets. 

"Your subscribers think you're so innocent!" He scoffed, unfolding his arms and taking Cadance's hand. "You're not innocent, I know exactly where you've been!" When still I remained silently staring, he started toward me. "Let me see your wallet." His voice was level and demanding. 

"Why?" I couldn't think of any reasonable reason he'd want to see it, so I took a few steps back as he was coming toward me. 

"Because I want to see how much you spent on booze and strippers. Now hand it over." He sounded so serious and looked positivly fuming. I laughed coldly.

"She told you I'd gone out to a strip club?" Dan's eyes narrowed slightly as he stopped and galnced back at her. She was so busted! He was bound to believe me over her.

"No, she didn't actually. She didn't need to. The lipstick smeared across your face says it pretty well, and the perfect one on your cheek, yeah that's a good one." I raised a hand to my face, then remembered when I'd picked her up, she'd kissed my cheek, and in the alley, after I regained my mind I put my hands over my mouth because I couldn't believe what had just happened. 

Glancing up at her, I expected to see smudged liptick on her face as well, but there was none. Evidently she'd washed it off. But what I could see was a large red mark around her mouth. 

Looking back at Dan's furious face, I handed over my wallet and prepred myself for the next inevitabe round of shouting. He opened it and found it empty, then let out a hollow laugh. 

"I don't believe this. There was £600 in here yesterday because I watched you draw it out and put it the fuck in here. You blew 600 fucking pounds on booze and strippers?! What the fuck, Phil?" All I could do was stand there and take it all in, absorb the information he was forcing into me. The situation he'd drawn for me to live. 

"I didn-" I began, but Cadance suddenly gasped. Dan spun on his heels to face her, while I glanced over his shoulder.

"There was a spider." She giggled before taking Dan's hand and pulling him back inside MY apartment. Before he left however, he turned back to me and said emotionlessly.

"You spent the money we needed to buy food, train tickets, taxi faires and bus faires for this month, so I suggest you get your lazy ass down to the bank later and draw out some more." His eyes burnt with an anger I'd not seen him possessed by for years, and as he slammed my apartment door behind him, I sunk to the ground right there in the hall.

"Wonderfully done, Phil. You've got this, all fucking right."