Chapter 17 ~ Cinematic Attractions

Dan's P.O.V

Pj and Chris both decided to ignore the events that occurred with Blake, for that I was incredibly thankful. Jesus Christ, I didn't even know what to make of them! However, the whole car journey was spent with his cute, crooked grin and chocolate eyes swimming in my mind. 

Eventually, Pj pulled up and parked, allowing us the free rein of exiting the car and stretching our legs. Okay, the car journey wasn't that long, maybe about 45 minutes? The traffic was terrible! But in the complete silence we were in, it sure as hell felt longer. 

 The cloud-ridden sky was still throbbing and expelling large amounts of rain, but luckily for me, Pj had brought 3 umbrellas, and the shop we were to visit wasn't far from where he'd parked, maybe a 5 minute walk. Nah, probably not even. 

"Dan, did you know that guy?" Chris suddenly turned to me and raised an eyebrow, I could tell that he'd been dying to ask. So much for 'ignoring the events'. I sighed before kicking a stone that lay beside my left foot. 

"No, but he seemed ..." I paused, glancing over to Pj who's expression clearly disapproved. " ... Nice." Finishing, I turned back to Chris, who was unsmiling. But it wasn't a frown either, more, an indifferent look, as though he really had no opinion on the topic. 

"Phil loves you with all he has, you know that right?" Pj broke the silence that had settled around us like a heavy cloud as we stood, rooted to our spots in the car park, getting soaked in the fresh wave of a new downpour. 

"Of course I do! I was just ... Don't judge me Peej, I was only being friendly!" I began walking and not long after I'd started, I heard the other two run through the deepening puddles to catch me up. Once they were by my side, Chris punched me playfully on the arm. 

"Okay, we were just making sure you weren't being like, a man-whore." He laughed, and I swallowed the guilt that had formed a lump in my throat. Luckily, neither noticed. 

Opposite our destination, a small little coffee shop stood proudly, it's red finish complimented perfectly by gold trim around the large front windows and door, beside which grew a tall red rose bush. They sure liked the colour red. 

"Hey, why don't you guys go do your stuff and I'll get a table in there." I said, pointing to the red coffee shop, it's brightly lit interior visible through the rain-streaked windows. "Then when you're done, you can meet me in there?" Both gave me an apprehensive look, before Pj pushed his hands further into his pockets. 

"Don't you want to come?" He asked defensively. I laughed at his steely mannor. 

"Yeah, but you know how I am with camera shops, I want to buy it all, then get upset when I can't!" Gradually, his smile returned and we agreed that they'd find me in the little red shop when they'd bought half of the lenses the camera shop owned. 

~*~

Stepping over the threshold and into the brightly lit, warm and dry room, the strong and comforting smell of coffee came like a punch to the face. Allowing my eyes to wonder around, I saw that the red and gold theme didn't end on the outside, but seemed to leak all the way around the walls and onto the small 'sofa' like booth chairs lining them, which were red with gold spots. I smiled as I walked across the varnished wooden floor to one such booth, before sliding down onto the seat. 

 Closing my eyes, I allowed the comfort to engulf me and I could've let sleep take me right there, but suddenly I heard a familiar voice that took me by surprise.

"You look like someone tipped a bucket of water over your head!" My eyes snapped open and instantly met the chocolate brown ones that had moment before crept back into my mind. He stood before me with a notebook and pen in his hands. Glancing down at my sodden clothes, I realised that yeah, I must've looked a state. Then, as if he knew what I was thinking, Blake chuckled "Don't be so self conscious, you look fine." That crooked grin was back in place and I felt a smile tug at the corners of my own lips.