Chapter 16 ~ A Guilty Concious

Chapter 16 ~ A Guilty Concious 

Dan's P.O.V

After leaving the apartment, I ran through the rain to the bus stop where I had been instructed to wait until Pj came and collected me in his car. Before both of us went into the heart of London for camera lenses. To be honest, it was his own fault he needed a new one, I had told him not to throw paint around, but you know, Pj wouldn't possibly get paint on his camera.

No way.

Not if he was careful.

All of them, Lies.

When he'd called me up and told me, I laughed for about 5 minutes. Evidently I knew more than he'd given me credit for, but that was only because I knew that if it were me doing it, I would've gotten paint on it. Yeah ... I'm just that clever. 

Upon arriving, I noticed only one other person, sitting in the shelter and out of the rain. I was apprehensive about sitting next to him, but I didn't really have a choice, as he was sitting in the middle and I wasn't one for standing. Slowly, I stepped under the roof to rid myself of the constant hammering of raindrops on my shoulders and head, then before I could convince myself otherwise, I lowered myself down beside the youth.

He didn't even acknowledge my presence, but kept his warm chocolate eyes cast down at the screen of his Ipod. Glancing over him, I'd guessed he was probably around my age, and his bag that was resting by his feet was adorned with Pokemon badges, causing me to think that maybe his mental age matched mine as well. 

Without warning, he looked up at me, catching me staring. Then suddenly, I felt my cheeks burn a hot red blush. Feeling thoroughly embarrassed, I ripped my eyes away from him, but before I did so, I could've sworn I'd seen a crooked grin. 

"Hello, I'm Blake." His gentle voice pulled my gaze up from my awkwardly shifting hands and back to his face. His chocolate eyes held a warmth I'd only ever seen in Phil's blue ones before that moment, and the way his messy shock of dark brown almost ebony hair fell just above them framed his face well. 

"Dan." I smiled, feeling an odd warmth as once again, Blake's crooked grin graced his lips. I merely watched with mild interest as he looked me down, then back up. As he did so, I shifted in my seat. I didn't know this guy, I shouldn't feel self-conscious.

... But I did.

He was a complete stranger.

But a completely perfect one. 

No. Woah. Wait! Dan? Pull yourself together! Phil, remember him? That cute guy you are so madly in love with?

"Are you okay, Dan?" His voice crashed my train of thoughts, stopping it dead. I felt him lightly place his hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn and face him. Instantly a smile grew on my face as I realised how close he'd moved, literally, our legs were so very almost touching. 

"Yeah, sorry! I was just. Yeah ..." I laughed as he sat back up and pulled out his Ipod from his pocket. Glancing down, I noticed his attire for the first time; Faded, black, skinny jeans, a white button up shirt and black tie, and casually, his black jacket slung lazily over his shoulder, despite the chill the air carried. 

Finally, my eyes locked with his shoes, and involuntarily I allowed a small chuckle to escape, which I soon silenced by clamping a hand over my mouth. However, it was too late as Blake had looked back to me, smirking.

"What?" He asked silkily, leaning back and cocking his head to the right. My heart continued to react strangely to this new-comer. 

"I love your shoes, dude." I said, removing my hand from my mouth and crossing my arms over my chest, subconsciously leaning back against the glass beside him. He glanced down with a knowing smile.

Black converse with panda laces.

"Thanks, man! I got them when I went to America for two weeks with my parents last year." He laughed. Oh no, his laugh was just ... No, Dan! No. "Yeah, I'm not allowed to wear them at work, but you know, who the fuck cares about what shoes I'm wearing anyway?" I nodded, and grinned.

"Cool, what do you do? Job wise, I mean." I asked, glancing out at the road as a car drove past. It hadn't been Pj, so I allowed my eyes to slide back to meet his. 

"Wouldn't you want to know." He winked, smiling his crooked grin that caused me to feel so much guilt. Blushing, I looked down, grinning like an idiot. Suddenly, I felt his cool minty breath fan my cheek as he'd lent toward me. "Just kidding." His whisper send shivers down my spine and I caught myself wanting to feel it again. 

Honestly Dan, this is so unforgivably inappropriate! You don't even know this guy, and Phil! Think the fuck of Phil! 

Just then, a car glided into the bus lane and pulled up in front of the shelter I was currently sat in. I felt an awful knot twist painfully in my stomach as Pj rolled down the window, smiling. But as I continued to look, I saw it slip. 

"Uh, yeah ... That's my ride. It was nice meeting you, Blake." I smiled politely, ignoring the feeling, ... no, longing ... To stay in his company. His warm chocolate eyes wondered up to Pj's blank expression, before falling back to me.

"Of course, I hope to see you again some time." His tone was soft and gentle and he was ever so polite and .... and what?

Chivalrous? 

Witty?

Carefree?

... Without issues?

Dammit Dan, Phil needs you! Don't be stupid! 

As I turned back to walk to Pj's car, I noticed Chris sitting in the front seat, also giving me an odd look. Sighing, I walked away from Blake and away from our oddly wonderful conversation ... But, then the feeling turned into a gnawing sense of guilt ... I'd wanted to stay.

I'd wanted to keep talking to the chocolate eyed boy.

To be near him. 

To share laughter with him.

But ... I didn't know him at all!

Did it make me a bad person that I wanted to know him though?

... Or that as I stumbled the short distance to the car, he was all that was on my mind ..?