Chapter 7 ~ The Revelation

Cadance's P.O.V

As we stumbled back into the apartment, I heard the door slam behind Dan before pulling him to the living room and down on the sofa. The early morning sun was seeping gently through the partially drawn curtains, gracing the cream carpet in a soft golden glow. The whole apartment was void of noise, giving a still picturesque quality. 

Glancing to my left I noticed Dan's vacant yet fuming glare directed toward the wall behind the TV. Sighing, I pulled my legs up and underneath me, before resting my head lightly on his shoulder, this seemingly brought him back to life as he looked down and chuckled. 

"You're so cute." He mumbled, kissing the top of my head. Grinning, I sat back up and lent in, capturing his lips with my own. Our lips moved in perfect sync, and I could tell he was smirking as his arm snaked around my waist, pulling me closer. My hands worked their way up to his un-tended bed hair, pausing momentarily on his toned chest. After a few minutes, we broke apart breathing heavily. 

"We could watch a film until like, the world wakes up?" Dan suggested, resting his hands on my thighs and laughing. I smiled, then dove off of the sofa, rolling onto the floor and then crawling on my hands and knees to the DVD collection. 

"What about Twilight?" I picked up the box and turned to face him, but he raised and eyebrow and gave me a look which clearly said 'no way'. Grinning, I turned to pick something else. "Okay, A Haunting In Connecticut? I love that one!" He pulled his legs up onto the sofa to sit cross-legged and nodded playfully. 

"Nothing like a good horror movie at half six to wake us up." Taking the disk out of the box and putting it in the Blue ray player, I heard him get up off of the sofa and pad to the kitchen. Standing, I skipped casually after him, leaning over the breakfast bar upon arrival. 

"What'cha' doin', Daniel?" I mutter seductively, putting on an accent. 

"Making Coffee. You want one?" He replied, turing the electric kettle on and retrieving two mugs from the shelf above. 

"Yup." I smiled as he spooned coffee into the mugs, adding sugar to his, but leaving mine sugar-free. " I'll go see if Phil's still out in the hall, or if he's seen the error of his ways and legged it to the bank." Giggling, I skiped to the door and as soon as I was out of sight, my smile dropped and was replaced by a malicious smirk. 

Opening it, I stepped out into the almost empty, dim hall and instantly spotted Phil a few metres away sitting on the floor at the foot of the wall. The door clicked closed before I tiptoed silently toward him, his knees pulled up to his chest, arms crossed on top of them and head bowed, resting on his forearms. I waited until I was right next to him before speaking.

"You're not seriously upset are you?" I ask, sliding down the wall to sit beside him. Upon hearing my voice, his head snapped up and lagoon blue eyes narrowed. 

"I can't believe how far you have him twisted around your little finger." He spat, a look of disgust messily scrawled across his features. I lent closer and whispered menacingly.

"You were playing with fire, Philip, and you were bound to get burnt." He didn't flinch or move away to create space, he stayed exactly where he was, face mere centimeres from mine. 

"I want you to go back in there and tell him the truth." He said in a dangerous whisper, eyes staring directly into mine. I pulled away, not being able to take the intensity of the stare. Laughing coldly, I replied. 

"Really? Let me think about it for just a second. Oh yeah, no." He stretched his legs out and made to stand.

"Fine, I'll do it then." He'd just assumed a standing position, when I glanced up coldly at him.