4| Dueling

"Hermione Granger

"Hermione Granger." The professor called, removing her from her thoughts. She lifted her head towards Dumbledore, whom was calmly waiting.

"Yes sir?"

"Class is over."

Hermione glanced around the classroom, realizing all the desks were empty. She must have been daydreaming again. "Oh, right." She shoved her books into her bag, and rushed out of the room in shear embarrassment.

Lately all she could think about was the dark arts. She was being trained by Tom, and his intentions were growing concerning to her. She obviously was excelling, but that was after hours and hours of exhausting practice.

She had just rounded a corner, catching eyes with Draco. He gave her a sneer continuing past her. "Wait, Draco!" She called after him after just standing there, it regeristing who she just saw.

"Voldemort's looking for you." He informed coldly, as Hermione caught up to him.

"Yeah well I don't care."

"Really?! Cause it seems he has you wrapped around his little finger."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "I have to ask you something."

"Me? Malfoy?"

"Do you know of any books, how do I say this....that are dark....like really dark?"

"Oh cause I'd be the one to have those."

"I don't mean to be insulting."

"What do you want dark books for Granger. Is he really converting you to that extent."

"No, I want to- please don't make me explain myself." She gave in, not knowing herself why she was even asking this.

Draco sighed and then started to walk away.

"Wait where are you going?" She asked as he was already halfway down the corridor.

"To the dark books Granger, coming?"

A quarter of an hour later, Hermione stood in the room of requirement; Draco, continuing to throw books onto the top of the pile, that she was now struggling to balance in her arms. "Great thanks, Malfoy. Now can you practice some of these with me?"

She heard a laugh, and had to put down the pile onto one of the tables, to actually see Draco's smirk.

"What?"

"You can't be serious?"

"Well I am."

He frowned, as she continued to stare at him expectantly.

"You're lucky I can feel guilty for all my years of hurtful banter." He moved over to the pile, and after scanning the titles, removed one and threw the book to her. "You good with nobverball spells?"