10|October's Kiss

It was dark in the forest.  So dark that Hermione couldn't even make out the large tree outlines within an arms length away.  Yet this was an advantage if she had any hope of escape.  They traipsed along for a while, until her arm grew sore from being dragged by Grindewald. 

Grindewald.  She had figured that much of his identity.  It made the most logical sense.  But she couldn't know for sure; it could be any of his followers disguised currently as Tom. 

She had to try and free her arm.  But how?  Hermione mustered it over, thinking of a logical way to be released only for a moment.  She could stumble and fall.  But not now-

There was a sound of a twig snapping which caught her attention.  She glanced to a section between two trees, the shadows completely shielding any sight of what and if something was there.  He halted, glancing over his shoulder suspiciously.  She adverted her gaze as well to look at the hovering body of Abraxas.  Then with sudden haste she was being pulled along again. 

She wished desperately someone would be there.  That the sound wasn't just a figment of both their alert imaginations.  It was likely in the Forbidden Forest though, that they weren't alone.  In the distance there was a faint rumble of the earth floor, causing her to be filled with some excitement at the familiar noise.  Centaurs.  This was her chance. 

"Alright where is he?" The impersonated Tom asked.

"Who?" Hermione asked in a dumbfounded.

"Dumbledore." He muttered in a hoarse tone.

"I told you I saw him enter the forest."

The thundering sound came closer shaking the ground as though would an earthquake. "What is that?" He asked, pulling Hermione closer to his side.

Centaurs. Now was her chance.

As the heard was nearly upon them she fell to the ground, pretending to have tripped. Luckily her arm was free in result and the Censtaurs were now galloping past with full distraction. She crawled away to the best she could, once to her feet picking up her feet as to run. She began running as fast she could. But just as she thought she was free, her waist was yanked and a hand clasped over her mouth.

The stampede had passed, that forest now clear hers still dark. She looked around trying to regain her senses. There was a stumbling noise, and off in the distance in the faint light of the moon stood Grindewald looking panicked, no doubt in search of her. She furrowed her brows upon starring at the familiar figure of Tom Riddle a few meters away. If that was Grindewald....whom was holding her captive currently?

She struggled slightly against them, and recognized his voice. "Shhh, Granger. It's me."

Her heart beat slowed, finally rielieved. He released her, instead taking her hand, and she allowed for him to lead her into the shadows, only glancing g back at Grindewald to keep an eye on him. "How did you know I was here?"

"Malfoy." Riddle replied hastily.

"Abraxas is unconscious though." She stated and then was horrified in remembrance that Grindewald still had hold of him.

"He means me Granger."

Hermione caught a glimpse of Draco's silver eyes in the slit of moonlight that invaded the shield of trees. She instinctively dropped Toms hand and yanked Draco towards her by his bicep. He has toned arms, "I did not just think that" she mumbled under her breath.

"What was that Granger?"

"I'm pulling you into the shadows."

"Shhh" Tom ordered bringing a finger to his lips, his eyes now focused on the clearing where Grindewald once stood. Hermione tore her eyes from Draco's relenting glare, only noticing the clearing was empty.