18|The Time of a Granger

Abraxas looked to the pair, holding tight to each other's side, a look of indifference upon Riddle's features. Hermione however held some fear in her eyes. Rightly so, from what he understood time turners had cause for great destruction.

But then he noticed the quiver in her voice, when she asked, "where did you find it?"

He pressed his eyebrows together, thinking back to how it sat on the dormitory floor, along with a grey cardigan that had been oddly tossed to the ground. As soon as he found it, he ordered Riddle to meet to discuss the matter. Something that grand could not be left undiscussed. He then looked to Hermione, how she wore a cardigan now. Matter of fact, the garment had been small.

"It's yours?" He spoke aloud, noticing the blank expressions they held.

Hermione looked to Riddle, as though searching what to do next. "Yes." She answered. "It is mine. Dumbledore gave it to me so that I may attend multiple classes at once."

"Why did you not confide in me about it? I wouldn't have minded." He replied yet again in a calm outburst.

"Malfoy." Tom began. "Time is a dangerous thing to consort with. Dumbledore asked that nobody know." He outstretched his hand as to take back the instrument.

"But you know."

"It is quite difficult not to, considering how close, we are." Riddle gave a small grin, and the time turner was placed in his hand. His fingers coiled around it as though to protect the object.

They all returned to the common room, however were greeted to find Draco still up sitting by the fire.

"Where were you lot?" He inquired in a bored expression.

Hermione spoke before Abraxas had the chance. "Abraxas found the time turner, we were just informing him-"

Draco flashed his eyes upwards in shock. "You let him know he is-" he looked over his shoulder and lowered his tone. "-my grandfather."

Hermione's stomach dropped. She shook her head slightly at Draco.

"I'm his what?" Abraxas announced in the upmost confusion.

A smirk formed on Draco's lips when he understood what he had just revealed. He laughed almost with sinister. Then ever-so carefully he rolled up his sleeve, revealing the faded black mark that would forever be on his forearm. "Recognize this Abraxas?" He asked.

"Malfoy, don't!" Hermione warned, her eyes flashing dangerously.

"It's the mark your Lord here had planned for you all. The dark mark. For death eaters." He spat, now flicking his eyes to glare at Riddle. "-forever branded!"

"Tom, what is the meaning of this? You're saying he is, from the past?" Abraxas challenged.

Riddle pinched his nose, his jowls puffing as he tried to control his growing temper. "Granger, deal with them!" He ordered, before storming out of the common room.

Hermione watched his retreating figure in fear. She knew his temper. He would be angry with himself, guilty. The way his face was cold, the way his stature was tall and strides angry. He was the Tom Riddle she once knew, that held true capability to become Voldemort.

Abraxas looked to her, almost with apology. She crossed her arms, not caring to expose Draco now after he so blatantly had his moment of pride. "Abraxas-" She began, now knowing the truth must follow. But the truth would be dangerous. The truth had been concealed for good reason. "-Draco and I, well—we're from the future."

There it was exposed. There laid the secret that Riddle had managed out of her. The secret Dumbledore always knew. The secret that if she told too many, would alter the very reality of both her worlds.

Yes, it was her secret. Few knew of who she was. Few knew of how essential her bond to Tom Riddle was. It was her time, the time she attempted to control. The time she was in two places at once, both divination and transfiguration. The time she had saved Sirius Black only for him to have been murdered two years later. The Time She had accidentally slipped through it, and landed face to face with a young man she may never truly know. The time she had decided to go back, abandoning all reason to be with again Tom Riddle, despite any consequence nor necessity. The time that allowed a grandson to face his grandfather at equal age.

It was The Time of a Granger.

Whatever was to follow was her responsibility, her doing. No, it wasn't that large a deal Abraxas now knew. However, all the same she sensed that this time, she had revealed too much.

————The End————