5| Library and Confessions

There was something very attractive about the unknown to Hermione. Perhaps that's why she was so deeply attracted to him. Thinking about it was strange for her, but she found herself this way quite often.

He was sleeping actually, his face blank, and Hermione couldn't help but comb her fingers through his hair, as his head laid in her lap. Their relationship had grown trust, and enough comfort that he could peacefully fall asleep without caring.

They were sitting on the ground, in the restricted section of the library. Apparently he had gotten tired, but she didn't care. Hermione actually wished this moment could last longer.

He stirred, his eyes slowly opening.

"Where are we?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"Library, you fell asleep." She answered, looking down at him, still stroking his hair. It was a very affectionate action, and he loved it very much. Her voice was soft as well, so he closed his eyes, savoring the moment.

"Wake me up when it's Monday Granger?" He mumbled.

"As much as I'd love that, we have to leave, the library is about to close."

So, very hesitantly, Tom was pulled from the ground by Hermione, who brushed off her jeans, and sent the stack of books that were beside them off with the flick of a wand. 

"No, I miss you!" Tom whined with the split second of no physical contact, grabbing her arm, and pulling her into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her. 

"Riddle."  She huffed. "Come on, make it to the room of requirement, and I promise I'll stay."

"Granger, that's an awful long way to go." He said.

She lifted her head from his chest, looking up at him with a smirk.  "You're ridiculous." 

"When did our banter end, and this need began?" 

"Well, I think our initial banter was need hidden through hatred and superiority.  Also envy that the other caused our own attraction. Really now that our attraction is openly established, you can't get enough of me."  Hermione commented thoughtfully. 

"Banter is the best way to flirt, so now what?"  He asked, intertwining his fingers with hers, as she stood in front of him. 

She met his smoldering gaze, hidden behind stern eyes, and his general smile that sent butterflies through her.  The feeling when looking at him, still produced a knot in her stomach, but the concept that he was hers, sent a feeling through her.  A good feeling, like when thinking about wearing someone's jumper.  "Can I wear that?"  She asked, her eyes landing on his cardigan. 

"My shirt?"  He cocked an eyebrow.  But quickly pulled it over his head.  Hermione gulped realizing his button down had came off with it. 

"Please put your shirt back on." She said, rather tired, knowing quite well what he was doing. 

"Why?" He asked clearing his throat in a fashion that drew attention to his Adam's apple. 

He shifted closer to her, head tilted down, her own gaze level with his chest.  The hand he was already holding, he maneuvered so that it rest on his shoulder, and Hermione inhaled as her fingers touched his warm skin. 

"Tom, we have to leave, the library is clos...". Her attempts at preventing his advances were stopped as his lips pressed gently against her temple. Then they drew close to her ear.

"Shhh." He whispered, then kissed her ear, the sound sent chills through her.

She closed her eyes, and his lips pushed against hers sloppy but blissful. But then his hand fell from her cheek, and she heard a clunk.