6|Avoidance

She was reading on the couch, determined that spending this Sunday locked up in Gryffindor tower was best

She was reading on the couch, determined that spending this Sunday locked up in Gryffindor tower was best.  She just couldn't handle Slytherins today.  Was this partially because of Tom being hostile the other day? Yes.  But it was primarily due to the news Malfoy had told her.  

Her time was mighty productive, seeing as she finished all her homework, and even did some for the following week in advance. It was around noon, and she was very content. 

However apparently her defenses were not strong enough, looking up from her book at the figure approaching, she frowned to see it was Tom. 

"Granger! Where have you been?!"  He asked loudly, and looking around Hermione noticed the others lounging about the common room were now rather attentive to her and Riddles conversation.

"Doing homework."  She replied.  Though she didn't need an excuse. 

"Come on we're going to lunch." 

"No."  She said definitely, looking up at him with a serious face. 

His eyes scanned the room as well, a mischevios glint in his eye forming that she knew all to well.   

Now she was terrified. 

"Granger."  He called in a singsong voice. 

Her eyes were wide waiting for what on earth he was going to do. "Riddle." 

He leaned down to her ear, making quite sure everyone noticed.  "Please come with me." 

"Why?" She whispered back. 

"Or I'll tell the entire common room our most passionate moments." 

"You wouldn't dare." She said, he stood back up, grinning. 

"No I wouldn't Granger cause you are going to come with me." 

She stood up, realizing she should.  But as soon as she did she was swept off her feet, and over his shoulder in a matter of seconds. 

"Goodbye Gryffindor people!" He said, as he dragged her away out of the common room. 

"I hate you!"  She whispered. 

"And I love you."  He replied.  This made her smile, and when he finally put her down he noticed. 

"Why the grin Granger?" 

"You very well know why." 

He gave her a chaste kiss, that made her heart flutter. 

Though once they had reached the great hall the feeling couldn't hold strong.  She was pulled to the Slytherin table.  Sitting down next to Tom, Draco flashed her a look, and it made her very conscious of Abraxas just next to him.

Hermione avoided their gaze, immediately grabbing the prophet. 

"What are you reading?" Abraxas asked.