8. Show That Bitch Over There How Good You Can Look

I've had all of Friday to think about how I've grown on Bailey. I dreamt about Bailey and me having a life together and then my day with my parents. Which is today. I have no idea what we're doing. We might be going out to a restaurant for lunch. Who knows.

Then on Sunday, I have my day with Eddie. I'm really excited. Part of me wants to skip Saturday. Let me tell you, that's an extremely unusual thought. I love my weekends. It's my escape from hell - sorry, school.

I pull on a pink and white, striped, skater-style dress and clip up my favourite white sandals. I try not to look at myself in the mirror but fail miserably. This dress hides most of my belly fat but you can still see my arm and leg fat. The dress stops just above my knees. My phone goes off, distracting me from being judgemental. I see it's a message from Eddie:

I'm glad you can come. Do you want to meet up at the movies at about 10 tomorrow morning? Then we'll go for lunch.

I smile to myself.

Sounds great :)

I turn my phone off, grab my purse and head downstairs for breakfast. My parents are already sitting at the dining table mushing on what smells like bacon and eggs. They're both dressed for going out; jeans and a nice t-shirt for dad and silk pants and a blouse for mum.

"Morning, parents," I say, chirpily.

"Morning, child," greets my father.

"Hi, sweetheart," my mother looks up from her breakfast.

There's a plate on the bench with a generous amount of bacon and eggs. Assuming this is for me, I grab it and sit down with my mum and dad.

"Did you sleep well?" Dad asks.

"Yeah," I nod. "You?"

"Very well," replies Dad, shoving a strip of bacon into his mouth.

I do the same; the bacon is delicious. I shut my eyes and savour the taste of the bacon.

"This is too good, mum," I smile.

"Thanks." Mum grabs her plate and takes it to the sink. She starts washing up.

"Excited for today?" Dad looks at me.

"Yeah, I am," I say.

Dad nods and focusses his attention on his food. "That's good. We're leaving as soon as breakfast is finished, so chop-chop."

At that, I'm shovelling down my breakfast at lightning speed. It's nice to eat a bunch of food after the few days where I've barely had any.

Once I finish, I hand my plate over to mum, who's still washing things in the sink, and head to the bathroom to clean my teeth.

When we're all ready, we jump in Mum's car and start driving.

"So where are we going?" I ask, curious.

"Well, we thought we'd take you shopping and then maybe go to lunch afterwards," replies Mum, focussing on the road.

I smile to myself. This will be a good day. I haven't been shopping with anyone for a while. Usually, my mum would just tell me to go shopping when I felt like it but stay between the budget. I haven't been shopping with her for a while.