Chapter 2

The boy looked about my age. He had long shaggy dark brown hair and was definitely drinking a Scotch. I wasn't normally a fan of long hair but somehow it worked on him. I could tell he was well built underneath his loose fitting t-shirt.

He turned around and smirked at me, his eyes a bright ocean blue.

Oh my God, that smirk though.

We stayed there in silence for a while as he continued to smirk.

"Well are you just going to stand there and gawk or come day drink with a man?" He asked with a seductive accent that was both African and British.

I tried to reply but that sexy smirk made my vocal chords not want to work. "I-I don't drink. Day drink. I don't day drink." I spit out finally.

"Oh yeah? So why are you standing in a bar at 7am?"

He was still smirking.

He really needed to stop smirking.

"It's a long story." I managed to spit out. "Why are you here?"

His smirk faded. Thank God. "Long night," he said vaguely.

Touche.

He looked at me for a while and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"You just remind me of someone I met years ago."

"Oh yeah? What was she like?"

"She was Norwegian. But we met in Thailand." He chuckled. God I wanted to make him chuckle like that when he thought of me years from now.

What was wrong with me?

"It was an intense few weeks we spent together, that's all."

Intense.

Okay then.

"So what brings you to the glamorous city of Venice?"

"Cheapest flight from Idaho I could find."

He laughed. "I'll toast to that. I've been traveling nonstop for the past four years."

"Seriously? I've never been out of the county, until now."

"Wait where's Idaho again?"

I cringed. No one knew where Idaho was. "The U.S."

"Is that a city?"

"No, it's a state?"

"Huh. I honestly don't think I've ever heard of it."

Yup.

We were silent for a while.

"Are you traveling alone?" He finally asked.

"No, my friend Emma is meeting me here tomorrow. She missed her flight, but she's getting another one."

"Well what were you planning to do today?"

"I don't know. I hadn't really thought about it."

"You're coming with me. I've been here a while. I can be your own personal guide." He smiled again, this time with a twinkle in his eye.

Let's take a step back for a moment. I was in a foreign country. I'd just met this guy 15 minutes ago in some run of the mill bar at 7am. Every logical bone in my body was screaming at me to start running and never stop.

But then again, what the hell?

So that's why I walked out of the bar with Sebastien, hopped into his boat and said addio to the old Raegan.

--------------------------

That's all folks! If you LOVED this chapter, don't forget to click the little vote button down below. I update Sundays, so come back soon for more!