Prologue

Have been in my draft since last year.
Some may remember the plot because @assyyas was kind enough to post the few first chapters on her page last year to see how people react to it and a lot of people did, so I stopped being a chicken and posted it. So thanks to her.

¥¥¥¥¥

"After everything I've done for you. Your family would be miserable without me!" He growled grabbing a fist full of my hair. He slammed me against the wall glaring at me. "Is that how you treat me?"

I let out a cry shaking lightly.

If only I knew what he was referring to. I'm trying my best to please him like my mother wanted me to. Is my best just not enough?

"You flirt with another man when I'm right there." He growled pulling my hair and before I felt a sting on my cheek.

I didn't react although I could feel the pain on the inside. My body was just numb as I tried to shut him out, tried to take my mind away from this, tried to find an escape for myself, as I always did.

A place where I wouldn't feel him.

A place where I would have to take my husband's wrath.

But that was just a dream.

A fantasy.

Because every time I opened my eyes, I would meet him. His eyes. Those eyes that just stared at me with so much hatred, and anger.

"I'm sorry." I heard myself whimpering in a voice that I almost didn't recognize as my own.

I gulped slowly as hid grip loosened around my hair.

"I love you so much". He said softly as his hands moved to cup my face.

I tried to keep my body from shaking as tried to feel as welcoming as I could.

"Just stop testing me." He said placing his forehead against mine. "You have to stop making me so angry. I don't want to hurt you. You know that, right?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to keep my breathing slow.

"Right?" He gritted gripping my face tighter.

I nodded quickly pressing my lips on a firm line as my tears just kept streaming down my face.

"This man has our future in his hands. You know your father's condition. Don't be selfish. Make him happy." My mother words kept repeating in my head, over and over again.

As if her reminding me of my father's paralysis everyday wasn't enough.

I have to be strong. I have to do this for my father. I have to stay strong. I will get us both out of here one day.I kept repeating to myself trying to make myself believe it.

Reassuring myself.