Chapter 9

"Where are we?" I asked as he parked the car in front of a short building.

I looked around the empty streets wondering what part of the city this was before looking at the building of me, then at Nickolas when he didn't answer.

"Where are we?" I asked again.

He looked at me for a moment before taking his seatbelt off and got out of the car. I shook my head he got out of the car and walked around it

I opened my door too after taking my seat belt off and he stood right there. He reached his hand out and I grabbed it as he helped me out of his car.

"Come on." He said pulling me away from the car and slamming the door shut.

"What is this place?" I asked as we started walking toward it.

"You ask a lot of questions." He remarqued and I shrugged a little.

I would ask questions, if I'm in a strange place at night, without knowing what we're here for.

Nonetheless, I followed him silently until we reached the entrance of the building. We stopped in front of the door and he typed in a code and the small sound of the door unlocking was heard. He opened the door and looked down at me, waiting for me to move.

I must not really value life, because I still got in and looked around.

I jumped a little at the sound the door made when it closed behind him and briefly looked back at him before looking back at the place. I took a moment to look at the completely empty place. There was nothing, but the building on the outside could pass on as an apartment building.

"Come on."

I looked back again to see Nickolas walking on the other direction and I quickly followed.

"Where are w-"

"Maya." He cut me off but I could practically hear the smile in his voice, causing a frown to appear on my face.

He reached for the wall and more lights turned on in this empty place.

Why is this so empty?

He walked down a set of stairs and another metal door came to view. I followed him down and that's when I started questioning my sanity.

Why would I just follow him in placed like this?

Right now he could just kill me and get rid of my body and nobody would know where I went.

He opened it and looked back at me again. I looked at him skeptically and he stared back at me not saying a word. I silently scolded myself before slowly walking in.

My eyes widen at the gigantic shooting room before me and a small gasp left me.

What the-

"Wow." Was all that could leave my mouth as I looked around in utter shock. "I thought places like these would be closed at this time of the night." I said almost absently walking further in.

"It's mine." Nickolas said and my head whipped toward him.

"Yours?" I repeated and he walked in closing the door behind him with a nod.

He owns places like this?

"Here." I looked back at his voice and took a step back when I saw a gun in his hand.

I shook my head quickly moving my gaze to his face before letting out a nervous laugh. "Oh no, thank you. I don't know how to shoot."

"Just take it in your hand." He instructed and I eyed it for a moment before slowly reaching for it.