Chapter 6

**Maya's POV **

"Mrs. Russo." I looked up at Rosa who hesitantly opened the bedroom door and just stood by it. "I'm sorry to bother you, but there's a man outside looking for you. He says he was sent for a job."

"A job?" I repeated looking at her confused and she nodded. "Okay. I'll be down in a minute. Thank you, Rosa."

She didn't wait a minute before scurrying away. These were one of the only times when she has spoken to me. She comes three times a week, and Kaden forbids any interaction with her, so she only does her job and leaves, and only talks to me when it's absolutely necessary.

I walked out the bedroom and made my way down the stairs. The front door was not fully closed so I figured that the man was still outside. I stood in front of it before opening the door fully. And there was a man standing there, his posture was straight and he stood in an alert position.

"Hi?" I furrowed my eyebrow looking at the man. "How can I help you?"

"Good morning ma'am. My name is Mike Sullivan. I'm the new head security." He said pointing behind him and I looked over his shoulder to see new faces walking around.

New security?

"What happened to Steven? And the others." I asked again looking to only see new men around.

"I don't know, ma'am. I just received orders." He explained and I slowly nodded still confused about these changes.

Kaden never informs me about anything, he just changes things. So, I don't know why this man is informing me now.

"Oh okay. It's just that Kaden didn't tell me anything."

"I think Kaden knows. But I don't take orders from him." He said and it confused me even more, knowing how controlling Kaden is, he wouldn't just let anybody here.

No one ever comes here.

"Then from who?" I asked and he straightened up taking a step back.

"Have a good day, ma'am." He nodded before walking away.

Just like that?

I just stood there confused as I watched him walk away. He still didn't even answer my question. As long as Kaden knows and that there won't be any problem, then I'm good.

I never liked the men that were in here before anyways. They would always tell Kaden about my every move.

I closed the door slowly while wondering why I was relieved when they could do the same thing tell him everything I do. But it's not like I'm doing anything out of the ordinary, so I don't have anything to worry about.

It's been two days since the last I talked to Kaden, since that video call was cut. He didn't call back after that, so I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I should be relieved. But the relief I feel also made me feel guilty.

*****

"Hi Christine." I smiled brightly as I walked into the kitchen to find her taking something out of the oven.

"Hello sweetheart." She smiled and my mouth watered when she placed a pan on lasagna on the counter. She chuckled when she looked at my face. "You're just in time for lunch. Sit down."

I did literally throwing my purse on the other side of the counter.

It wasn't long before she placed a plate in front of me and my eyes widened at the amount of food there was.

"This is too much. I won't finish it." I said grabbing my fork and she narrowed her eyes slightly at me.

"You're gonna eat, young lady." She said pushing the plate closer to me. "You've lost weight. Or do you want me feed you like I used to when you were younger?"