Chapter 5

So Google doc ate half of the "My love, My mistake" chapter, so I'm currently rewriting what's lost. I'm annoyed but it should be up tonight, if not, tomorrow.

And because I was asked that multiple times. I personally ship Maya and Nickolas. Just saying. 🤷🏽‍♀️

And there is No connection between Nickolas and Maya's father, or family. He's just Kaden's boss.

¥¥¥¥

"He is gone." I smiled. "He called this morning to tell me that he had to go to Italy for a few weeks." I said looking at Sam, then Damon. "So, stop looking at me like that."

They were both looking at me, not saying anything. Since I got here, I did most of the talking and they just stared at me.

"Damon said he saw you guys having lunch."

"Yes. He apologized." I half-lied looking between the two of them.

"He apologized?" Damon repeated raising an eyebrow and I nodded. "Abusers' apologies don't mean shit."

"Well he didn't do anything since then."

I know I should be lying to them, but I can't help it. I told Sam once and she told Damon, who tried to play the hero and got Kaden even more angry.

I thought telling Sam would be kind of a small relief to be able to talk to my best friend. But now it just brings me anxiety, every time I think of it.

"I appreciate you trying to defend me. But next time I tell you and ask you not to tell anyone, it means that I trust you and that you shouldn't tell anyone." I said looking directly at her and she dropped her head with a sigh.

"I was just worried."

I nodded with a small sigh. "And I love you for that. But I trust you enough to tell you something, don't break that trust. No matter what the circumstances are."

"Okay. Okay, I'm sorry."

I'm not mad anymore that she told Damon what I told her not to tell anyone, but I would be careful with what I tell her for a while.

I'm sure she didn't mean any harm, she wanted to help but I just didn't need her telling him anything.

"And you," I pointed at Damon. "If you want to help me, please don't provoke him in public places." I said looking at him. "That stunt you pulled that day wasn't good."

For me.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked angrily and I sighed shaking my head.

"No." I lied and he just gave me a look. "He didn't. Now, please, I need you two to stop trying to fix my problems. You don't know what's happening, okay?"

They didn't say anything and I stood up grabbing my things.

"I trusted you enough to tell you what happened. Please, don't make me regret it." I said standing up. "I have an appointment to get to right now. So, I'll talk to you guys later. But can I trust you two?"

"Yes." Sam said lowly, before I turned to Damon raising my eyebrows at him and he just stared back not saying anything.

"Damon?"

"Of course."

I nodded and left without another word. I shouldn't have let them get involved.

I shouldn't have told Sam. Now I'm gonna be anxious about her telling anybody. What the hell is wrong with me?