Chapter 8

If you haven't noticed, the word "weak" comes in almost every chapter. Because that's what Kaden made her believe, but once she realizes she's not.... Oof. Let's just all pray for Kaden.

Kaden hasn't done his worst yet.

¥¥¥¥

"Stand up, Maya." Frieda groaned and I shook my head not moving from my position on the floor.

"No."

"Get off the floor!" She said loudly. "We didn't do anything yet. I told you that I wasn't going to hit you today."

"No." I repeated and I heard her sigh.

She didn't hit me yet but I can't feel my members anymore because of all the stretches and running she forced me into. She made me jump and run more than I've ever even thought of trying, with no break.

And now she wants me to stand up for more?

"Come on. It's been less than an hour." She insisted and I nodded in agreement.

"Exactly."

She almost killed me in less than an hour.

"Maya." She called away as I turned to lay on my back facing her.

"I have a heart disease. You can't push me." I said hoping she would show mercy, and she gave me a look that told me that she would push me.

"Watch me."

"You're trying to kill me." I said and moved away when she tried to grab me.

"And I wouldn't live to see another day if I do." I heard her mutter.

"What?"

"Get off the floor!" She moved closer and literally lifted me off the floor. "Make more effort, then we can go eat some breakfast."

I sighed and let her pull me along.

****

I slowly walked out the stairs wincing with every step I took. The hot shower I took when I got home did nothing to help my aching body. But I felt good. I felt lighter after seeing Frieda. As much as my body was paining, I liked the way I was feeling, and I also liked where those classes were going.

And the only reason I left my bed was because my mom was downstairs, which surprised me because she almost never comes here. That's why her coming here, all of a sudden, surprises me, but also worries me.

But there she was standing in the middle of the living room.

"Mom?"

She turned to look at me as I moved closer to her. I kissed her cheek before moving back.

"You've come to visit?" I asked with a small smile as she sat on the couch and I did the same.

"Yes. I'm worried." She said and I looked at her even more confused. "Kaden told me that you haven't been taking his calls."

I shifted a little moving away from her. "I didn't receive any calls."

"Is that so?" She asked giving me a look that told me that she didn't believe me. "Well here then."

She handed me her phone and I looked at it with furrowed eyebrows.

"It's the last number that called me." She said and my heart dropped as I realized what she was talking about.

Is that why she came all the way here?

"Take the phone, Maya." She said louder and I grabbed before standing up.