Chapter 3

I love how you guys ship Maya with Kaden or Damon when everyone hasn't been introduced yet! 👀

"Standing up for herself" is not that easy. Or all the people victim of abusive relationships wouldn't have any problems. Look at the dialogues between her and Kaden.
He is trapping her. That's what I'm trying to show.

Again there is NO connection between these characters and my others books. At all.

¥¥¥¥¥

I woke up the next morning feeling sore all over. I winced when I tried moving to sit up. The spot beside me was empty, which just made me let out a sigh of relief.

I sat and looked around to see that the room was empty. But my relief was short when the door opened and Kaden walked in. He closed the door behind him and turned to look at me.

"You're awake." He noticed moving from the door.

I slowly nodded twirling the end of my curls around my finger.

"I'm sorry." He said taking a step closer to me. "I don't know why I lose my temper so easily." I said sitting on the bed beside me, making me stiffen.

I looked at him not showing him any expression. But I was confused and shocked to hear those words coming out of his mouth.

He is sorry? Seriously?

"You don't deserve this. I just-" He paused taking my hand in his.

My whole body tensed as I tried to fight the urge to pull it away. So, I just let him. I let the hands that did nothing but hurt me grab my own. Just because I didn't want to get hurt again.

"How about we go out for lunch? Italian is your favourite, right?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows briefly looking at him. "Please Maya. Let's go out. Just you and me."

What is happening?

He called me by my name.

"Maya?" he called as his grip tightened on my hand.

"Okay." I said quickly finally pulling my hand out of his when his grip loosened.

"Great." He smiled standing up. "Go get ready. I'm waiting for you downstairs." He added before walking to the door and out of the room.

I looked at the door very confused and suspiciously.

What happened with him? Did he forget about last night already? Or all the other nights?

This is actually the first time I'm seeing him smile at me since our marriage or even apologize.

I looked at the door again in confusion. I better not let my guards down. I don't believe one second that he can change overnight. And I think it would be better for me if I keep things that way. I'm not gonna hope for anything. I think I've seen enough for the past four months.

But I'm not going to make him angry either so I slowly got out of the bed wincing lightly. I slowly walked to the bathroom and quietly closed the door before locking it, wincing slightly while moving to the mirror.

I took my nightdress off and looked at myself in the mirror. My skin was covered with the bruises caused by the belt. I placed a shaky hand on my mouth and let out a sob as I continued looking at my body. I could say that I was used to seeing my body like.

He was always making sure not to touch visible parts of my body, like my arms and neck, even if he was failing sometimes. Like he grabbed my neck last night. The bruise was light on my neck so it could be easily covered with makeup.