Chapter 13

I wanted to wait until I update MLMM to post this chapter but I still haven't finished the MLMM chapter, and I wanted to give you guys something to read so here you go.

Chapter is not edited guys, sorry. I'm still not feeling so good.

Enjoy!

¥¥¥¥

"Who do you think you are? Let me through, I'm her best friend."

I huffed and opened the front door knowing well who was being so loud. Samantha was standing there, but Mike was blocking her path.

"Let her." I said loud enough for him to hear me from where I was standing.

Mike looked at me warily and I nodded at him assuring him that it was fine. Samantha walked past him sending a glare his way. She made her way to the front door and pulled me into a tight hug when she got close enough.

"I missed you." She said and I nodded a little pulling back.

"I missed you too." I smiled mentioning for her to get in. she did and I closed the front door behind her. "Come I was making lunch."

I silently walked through the house to go back to the kitchen and she followed silently. We entered and I immediately went back to my task.

"You've been ignoring my calls." Sam said lowly as I moved around the kitchen.

"I'm sorry. I've just been really busy with my father and other things." I said and started slicing the vegetables, trying to pretend that I wasn't bothered by her presence.

I just wanted to see how far her hypocrisy could go. If she could be here and smile or pretend that she is not back stabbing me. Kaden might know that I talk to Nickolas because of the necklace and he might know that I found out about them. I'm sure that's the reason she came here today, to see if my behavior would change.

"You've made too much progress to let these people ruin my work. Just play with her mind. Drive that bitch crazy." That's what Frieda told me yesterday.

"Are you okay, Maya?" Her voice made me look up to see her sitting on one of the stools looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm fine." I said with a smile, before grabbing another carrot and started slicing it loudly.

"You've changed." She then said and I fought the urge to scoff at her.

"How so?"

"I don't know. You seem so distant?"

"Do I?" I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly shifting my gaze to her.

"Why do I feel like you're mad at me." She kissed her teeth as an exasperated expression crossed her face. "Did I do something to you?"

"You're my best friend. What could you do to make me mad at you?" I asked placing the knife on the chopping board, to look at her seriously.

"I don't know. Just tell me if I did something wrong?" she said and the sad expression that appeared on her face sent shivers down my spine.

So that's how she has been doing things from the beginning.

"It's all good, really." I said, then decided to follow Frieda's advice. "I just miss my husband. I always wonder what he's doing, who he is with. If he's eating or not." I said looking at her face to see her expression shift a little once again.

I almost laughed as the sight of her fighting the sour expression that was creeping to her face, and it was almost similar to the look she had when she gave me the necklace.