Chapter 7

If you're wondering why I update this story faster, it's just because like I said, this has been in my draft for a year now and I already wrote thirty seven chapters. And I just make small changes and add things if needed before posting.

Anyways, enjoy !

¥¥¥¥

The first thing I did when I got home was shower and start dinner. Things I could have never done in peace a few days ago. And it was more than refreshing.

I didn't know having an empty house would, one day, make me happy. Maybe it's because I wasn't scared to move around the house. The more I think of this, the more I remember my mother's words about marriage being an eternal link. And Kaden would be back in a few weeks.

The fact that I was enjoying his absence so much could even make the time go faster.

But right now, the only thing on my mind as I moved around the kitchen was the few hours I spent talking today. I haven't talked so much in so long and Nickolas seemed genuinely curious about me and I was still wondering why.

Every time I slowed down, he would just ask more questions, making me talk more.

What exactly did he want from me? People don't just do things like that, right?

I weirdly like his company, but I'm not stupid enough to just believe that when the time comes he's not going to ask something from me. But I had nothing to offer to someone like him. I'm sure he could get anything he wanted with a snap of his fingers.

Although right now, I was just grateful. Just the fact that I was able to have a normal conversation with someone, other than Christine, was beyond price for me. And he listened, which only steered more questions in my head.

My movements were interrupted along with my thoughts when I heard loud voices.

More like someone screaming, so I didn't hesitate and immediately went out of the kitchen and followed the voices, which were coming from outside. I opened it slowly and looked outside and my confusion increased when I saw Steven yelling as he was held by two other men.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stepped out and his eyes immediately landed on me.

"Hey! Kaden wants you to call him." He yelled making my heart drop. "He's been trying to call you. You were probably busy taking his absence as an opportunity to whore around-" His sentence was cut as one of them threw a punch at him.

I jumped a little taking a step back and my whole body tensed up.

He's been trying to call me?

But I didn't receive any call.

"You were probably busy taking his absence as an opportunity to whore around."

But I wasn't. I didn't do anything wrong. I had my phone all the time.

Mike stepped closer and stopped at the bottom of the steps as I tightened my hands into fists to stop them from shaking.

"Don't worry about him, ma'am. We'll take care of him. You won't be bothered." He said and I looked at him and nodded slowly before looking up to see that Steve and the men that were holding him were not there anymore.

Where did they take him?

I quickly turned and walked back inside slamming the door shut before leaning against and my whole body shaking. I forced myself to take deep breath and my eyes slowly moved to the phone.