Chapter 11

It didn't take long for people to resume what they had been before Kyree and Ambrose had entered the room. Yennifer gushed over how Kyree and Ambrose looked together, hugging Kyree just a little too tight then apologising profusely. As Kyree and Ambrose lingered on the edges of the room, Kyree intent on talking to as little people as possible, he noticed Tyrell stood with Orion and Yennifer.

"Fucking bastard," Kyree seethed, the colour seeping from his eyes. Ambrose took ahold of his hands, not giving him a chance to go near Tyrell.

"Ky, baby, not here, not now," Ambrose spoke softly, his voice relaxing Kyree as he rubbed his thumbs across his knuckles. Kyree inhaled deeply, the colour returning to his eyes.

"I want him gone, I told him I would kill him if I saw him on this property again," Kyree growled, allowing his tension to flow away as his mind was lost in the sensation of Ambrose's touch.

"Then he's gone, baby," Ambrose nodded curtly toward Anubis but he wasn't fast enough. Orion had already directed Tyrell over to Kyree and Ambrose, believing he was only helping out.

"Kyree, happy birthday," Tyrell said in a sickly sweet voice, "I see you've finally moved on from my brother then, lucky you," once again, Kyree's eyes darkened to black, his hands clenched into fists.

"Get out," Kyree snarled, feeling his control slipping with each second Tyrell was in his sight.

"Kyree, I came to wish you a happy birthday, you're not acting like a very good host. Alexander would be disappointed," Kyree was about to snap, but Ambrose beat him to it.

"Out!" Ambrose boomed, his reserved nature clearly taken over by his demonic one, "this is your last fucking warning you pathetic piece of shit. You are not welcome here. Kyree is getting better, he is getting past Alexander's death and you do not need to come here and rub salt into his fucking wounds," even Kyree looked a little shocked at Ambrose's outburst, which had obviously caught the attention of every guest in the room.

"You have no right to speak to me like that," Tyrell shot back, fury and a hint of embarrassment on his face.

"When you're making my boyfriend uncomfortable, I have every fucking right. Get out, before I have you thrown out," Kyree was speechless, although he did look a little smug as Tyrell scurried from the room, his cheeks heating as everyone stared, "I need some air," Ambrose muttered, stalking out of the room mere seconds after Tyrell.

"Staring is fucking rude, go back to your drinks," Kyree snapped, following Ambrose out. Ambrose was surprisingly fast, Kyree had lost him in the 5 seconds he wasn't in view. However, the odd sounds drifting in front the ajar front door did draw his attention.

As he had anticipated, Kyree found Ambrose stood over a bruised and bleeding Tyrell. Kyree did not expect to two black horns parting Ambrose's dark locks, so that was why he didn't get angry. Obviously, he didn't want people to see them, Kyree didn't understand why, he thought they were beautiful, like the rest of Ambrose.

A tiny whimper drifted through the air as Ambrose's shoe came into contact with Tyrell's stomach. Tyrell clutched his leg, which was probably broken judging by the position it was in. He wouldn't be able to take much more. Kyree had to intervene before more blood was spilt on the property.

"Babe?" at the sound of Kyree's voice, the two horns disappeared and Ambrose glanced over his shoulder, his eyes that deep black Kyree loved.

"2 minutes, Ky, if that," Ambrose's voice was much rougher than usual, low and gruff, bearing striking similarities to an animal. Kyree leant against the stone wall, a silent debate raging in his mind for just a second.