Chapter 22

"Ow! Fuck! Stick me with one more pin and I'll-"

"Kyree," Ambrose clasped his lover's hand from behind, shaking his head gently with a smile on his lips, "don't be rude," Kyree scowled at Ambrose but did as he said and stayed quiet for the remainder of the fitting with the tailor.

"I am finished, my Lord," the tailor rose to his feet, ensuring to keep his eyes on the carpet for fear of making eye contact with his soon to be king. The tailor had already been late, due to the high security for the coronation later that evening, so had tried his best to work fast.

Kyree stepped down from the podium, striding over to the full-length mirror, Ambrose following at his heel with a grin on his face. His suit was that same beautiful shade of obsidian as Ambrose's horns, Kyree's new favourite colour. The fabric shimmered in the light, just as Ambrose's horns did.

"You like it, baby?" Ambrose purred in Kyree's ear, "I picked the colour out just for you, remembered how much you like it on me," Kyree groaned as Ambrose caught his earlobe between his teeth, biting down hard enough that he knew there would be a mark.

"Out," Kyree demanded the tailor, pleased with how fast the little man scuttled from the room. The second Kyree heard the door click shut, he pressed Ambrose against the wall to the left of them, covering his mouth with his own. Ambrose complied with a soft moan and a tug of Kyree's hair, his other hand clutching the lapel of Kyree's suit, as if holding himself up for fear his knees may buckle.

Kyree's mouth trailed down Ambrose's neck, leaving one deep purple bruise after another across his demon's tanned skin. Ambrose's mewls and purrs were loud, then again, Ambrose always was loud, he knew it turned Kyree on. Kyree was marking his lover, knowing that all eyes would be on them tonight, he wanted everyone to know what was his.

"Mine," he murmured against Ambrose's abused flesh, nipping at the place just below his lover's jaw, marvelling in the primal groan that resonated through him.

"Yours," Ambrose agreed, his chest heaving as his breath got taken from him by another quick nip across his throat from Kyree, "forever, baby," Kyree took a step back, admiring the myriad of mauve marks littered across Ambrose's throat. Purple was Kyree's favourite colour on Ambrose.

"You're really gonna just stop?" Ambrose almost whined, reaching out in an attempt to tug Kyree back into his arms, "got me all worked up for nothing, baby?" Ambrose pouted, making his already full, raw lips look somehow more luscious.

"And what would you want me to do?" Kyree straightened his suit jacket, cocking an eyebrow as he watched Ambrose, "my king?" Ambrose's eyes glowed a deep black, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Well, it is gonna be such a long night, baby," Ambrose closed the distance between him and his lover, "and no doubt you'll be swaying your ass all night, just tempting me," Ambrose purred seductively, his lustful gaze intent on Kyree.

"Shit, I'm interrupting again, aren't I?" Saige's voice drifted into the room, "sorry, dads, I'll come back," Kyree chuckled softly, shaking his head gently.

"You do have impeccably inopportune timing, my dear," Kyree turned, smiling as Ambrose's arms snaked around his hips from behind, holding him against the demon, "what did you need?"

"Luci's getting restless, he says it's only an hour before the coronation and he hasn't seen either of you yet. So he sent me, as usual," Ambrose tittered quietly behind Kyree, resting his chin on his lover's shoulder.

"I have never heard anyone call my father Luci, he is your grandfather, you know, you can address him as that if you wish."

"I like Luci, grandfather is way too formal. Anyway, don't change the subject, get dressed before he spontaneously combusts," Ambrose smiled at his daughter, she may not have been Kyree's blood but she sure as hell acted as if she were.