Chapter 15

It didn't surprise Kyree in the slightest that his first destination was a dark, dingy alleyway. Kyree had expected no more, the filth of the human world often hid in the shadows.

"Oi, mate!" a very northern English accent echoed through the alley, seeming to originate from in front of Kyree despite him not seeing any figures in his view, "you here to buy?" Kyree's still darkened eyes scanned the alley in front of him but he couldn't see a single soul.

"Yeah," there was a few seconds of silence before a door to Kyree's right swung open and three heavily tattooed men strode out. The middleman, though smaller than the other two, was obviously holding the authority in the situation, or so he thought.

"What you want and how much?" the middleman was trying not to look strain when looking up at Kyree, but was a good foot shorter than the demon. In the dim lighting, none of the men seemed to notice the blood soaking Kyree's dark clothes or the lack of colour in his eyes.

"Marcus White, Louis King and Craig Fisher?" Kyree inquired, glancing at the piece of paper once again before folding it and placing it back into his breast pocket. Simultaneously, the three men took a step back, a hand slipping behind each of them, obviously landing on a gun or knife in their back pockets.

"You a cop?" the middle man asked, hostility radiating from him. Kyree chuckled, stepping closer to the men, both to reduce the distance between them and to bathe himself in the artificial light streaming from an upstairs window.

"What the fuck..." the man on the left uttered under his breath, the others simply stood still and silent.

"I'm much worse than a cop. Your time on this world is over," a flash of silver caught Kyree's eye, the man on the left had chosen to die first. Kyree appeared behind him, placing a hand on either side of the man's head and squeezing. An awful squelching and cracking sound rang out as the man's skull was reduced to nothing but bone fragments and bloody flesh.

"Oh my-" the man who had previously been stood on the right didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before he turned and emptied the contents of his stomach onto the alley floor. Kyree took the opportunity to drag the blade he had acquired from the first man across the second man's neck, almost decapitating him with the force of his move.

"Get the fuck away from me!" the final man yelled, although his voice cracked and his hand shook as he pointed a gun at Kyree. Kyree's lips curled into a wicked smirk as he held out his arms, opening his chest up as a target.

"Take a shot, I dare you," Kyree taunted, taking slow steps toward that cowering man. Gunfire bounced around the alley as the man fired three shots, all missing Kyree, who, in a fraction of a second, had swapped his place with the man.

"How..." the man croaked out as he dropped to his knees, blood sullenly oozing from his wounds.

"Magic," Kyree said, disappearing into thin air.

The next two men were luckily meeting the only two women on the list down at some dock nearby. Kyree found that convenient, he would be less time than he had anticipated. Oddly, it was the two women that were harder to kill. Nevertheless, Kyree got the job done.

The final man was in a very different setting. Apparently, some big CEO of a fairly successful company, not the common criminal Kyree had assumed him to be. Had Kyree not been drenched in blood, he would have looked completely at home as he strode through the foyer to the front desk.

"Lander Maine, I'm here to speak with him," Kyree's tone was relaxed, yet the little woman sat behind the desk gaped up at him as if he just screamed bloody murder in her face.

"H-He's in a m-meeting," she squeaked, fear consuming her.

"I can wait, tell him not to be long, my patience has run dry tonight," Kyree said calmly before sitting down nearby, next to a very startled old woman, "Halloween costume," Kyree confirmed, flashing a soft smile to the woman next to him.