Chapter 17

Kyree woke with a frown on his face, taking a few minutes to reassess what the hell he had just experienced. As well as this, he had to remember he wasn't laid with Ambrose, instead, it was Saige sprawled across his chest still asleep. Humans, all they did was sleep.

"You're late," Kyree's gaze flickered to the doorway of the bedroom, landing on Ambrose leaning there with his arms crossed over his chest, "and in bed with a woman, have something to tell me?" Kyree smiled, sliding Saige off of him gently and standing. With his finger on his lips, Kyree led Ambrose out of the room, closing the door behind him whilst they moved into the living room.

"That's only Saige," Kyree grimaced when he saw the time on the clock, 1:20, how had he even slept that long? Then again, he had done a lot the previous night, by which he meant he had gone on a small, controlled killing spree.

"Telling secrets to humans now, are we? I could have you prosecuted, y'know, I am a prince. I could do it myself even," mischief glinted in Ambrose's grey-blue eyes as he covered Kyree's mouth with his. Kyree moaned softly, giving Ambrose entrance into his mouth as he gripped fistfuls of his lover's hair. It had only been a night of separation but, to Kyree, it felt like a lifetime.

"I think we have more pressing matters to discuss," Kyree whispered, peeling himself reluctantly from Ambrose and sprawling across the couch, his back on the arm and his legs across the seat.

"Which are?" Ambrose's body fit perfectly into Kyree as he snuggled in between his legs, his back resting against Kyree's chest.

"The dream, Amb," Kyree massaged Ambrose's scalp, curling fistfuls of his hair around his hand whilst the other traced little circles over his lover's arm, "I think it was yours."

"I don't dream, Ky," Ambrose reminded Kyree, his brows drawn together in a frown as he stared across the room at nothing in particular.

"Yeah, but I don't dream like that. You were the centre, babe, not me. We were both children, and it felt so real. Like a memory, not a dream."

"That thing," Ambrose uttered softly, a shudder running down his spine at the memory of it, "it was awful. I could feel its power, when it touched me, it was like it was emanating it," Kyree buried his mouth in Ambrose's hair, pressing a few chaste kisses on his scalp in an attempt to calm him.

"Who were those other kids? Fi and Dante? And what was that thing with the light that they did? We were all no older than 5, how did they have that much power?"

"I don't know, Ky, but we gotta find out more about this dream thing. It's gotta be-" Ambrose stopped abruptly when Saige slumped out of her room, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Kyree, you didn't happen to-" Saige also paused when she saw Ambrose, looking startled, "oh, hello. You must be Ambrose, would you like some coffee?" Saige wandered into the kitchen area, completely at ease with the prince of Hell lounging on her couch.

"And you must be Saige," Ambrose appeared right in front of Saige, causing her to shriek and almost drop yet another glass, "what do you want with Kyree?" Ambrose towered over Saige, his eyes a soulless black, obviously meant to scare Saige into submission, or rather admission.

"Amb, don't frighten her," Kyree appeared next to Ambrose, slipping his hand into his lover's, "calm down, we have a deal," Ambrose didn't back down, simply leant in closer to Saige, awaiting her answer. Her eyes went wide as she shrank away, her gaze fixed on Ambrose's dark eyes.

"Ambrose Ross, stop scaring the poor girl," Kyree scolded, tugging on Ambrose's arm.

"I want him to turn me," Saige whispered, her voice shaking with fear. Kyree froze, his attention focusing on the only human in the room, the only person with a lack of respect for their own blissful mortality.