Epilogue

Kyree felt as though his heart would burst from his chest it was beating so fast. The incessant thumping of his blood pounding in his ears seemed to be slowly driving him insane as he tried to control his breathing. He felt nauseous, light headed and unsteady all at the same time, wondering whether he would truly pass out as he had been repeating all morning.

"Dad, you look a little pale, are you OK?" Saige queried, running the back of her hand down Kyree's cheek, catching his attention, "breathe, dad, it's all gonna go fine," Saige sounded as reassuring as possible, but it made no difference to Kyree. He was still shaking, still weak at the knees, still paralyzed by fear.

"I don't know if I can do this," Kyree admitted, inhaling deeply as he had been instructed to when he felt his terror rising to an insurmountable point. He stared at his reflection in the mirror, noting how sickly pale he looked, his bewitching hazel and grey-blue eyes swirling with anxiety.

"Dad, when we first met you practically ripped apart the men trying to hurt me. You have been through loss, grief and depression. Your wedding day should not scare you this much, this isn't going to turn out like your last, OK?" Kyree attempted some form of smile, hoping Saige understood what she was saying had an effect, even if it was minute. A soft knock at the door caught the two demon's attention as it swung open slightly.

"Dad, they're saying it's time," Avis smiled compassionately at her father as the three walked together from the room. Avis and Saige were both wearing matching elegant burgundy gowns that flowed down their bodies and just brushed against the carpet ever so slightly.

The two daughters stopped with Kyree at the corner just before the aisle, awaiting the music to begin. In that time, Kyree had allowed his calming aura to slip out, relaxing the two of them as they slipped their arms into his. Kyree had opted to be given away by his two children, rather than his parents. Nothing about the wedding was truly traditional, Kyree had specified no similarities to his previous wedding.

"You look really handsome, dad," Avis whispered, leaning up to kiss her father's cheek. In the months that had followed from Deacon being captured, Avis had grown much closer with her fathers, despite being blood to neither of them. In turn, it had not been Kyree's pleas for Avis to leave Deacon alive but rather Ambrose's that had struck her hard enough to have mercy on the assassin and value her life higher than that of Kyree and Ambrose's imminent safety.

"Yeah, Amb is gonna be blown away," Saige mirrored her sister, returning to her original position just as the music began. Ambrose had chosen Love by Lana Del Ray for Kyree to walk down the aisle to, having somehow remembered that that was the song that had played when he turned the stereo on in Kyree's apartment the first night they met.

Oddly, Kyree made no hesitation, instantly setting off at a slow pace down the aisle, trying to keep his focus solely on his soon to be husband. He could sense eyes on him, every demon in the grand hall staring directly at Kyree, their gazes burning into him.

But Kyree merely kept his attention trained on Ambrose stood waiting at the end of the aisle for him. His fiance was adorning a wondrous smile, filled with warmth and compassion and love. One that made all fear dissipate within Kyree as he neared Ambrose.

"You look gorgeous," Ambrose whispered as Kyree's hands were placed gently onto his by their daughters.

"Shut it," Kyree murmured, a soft smile taking place on his own lips, "you'll make me cry."

Kyree barely remembered what he had said for his vows, too busy gazing lovingly at Ambrose for the duration of the ceremony. Now, as the two strolled out onto the balcony, hand in hand, wanting to steal a moment of peace together from the crowd inside, he couldn't help tugging his husband close.

"I love you, Ambrose Ross," Kyree muttered, glancing down at the rings on their fingers. Their wedding bands were utterly breathtaking. A gold band outlined a matte black strip down the middle with golden tree branching standing out against the obsidian background.

"I love you too, Kyree Ross," Ambrose replied, capturing Kyree's mouth in a passionate kiss as their fingers locked together, their skin brushing against the cold metal rings.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Lucifer stood in the doorway to the balcony, looking a little sheepish, "I just wanted to give you your wedding gift in person, out here away from everyone," Lucifer stepped closer to the two newlyweds, holding out a dog-eared and faded envelope with their names written upon the yellowing paper.

"Father, you didn't have to," Ambrose took the envelope, a smile on his lips, opening it with care.

"My gift to you is my knowledge. I know you will have many questions, and I will be happy to answer them for you. I also know you may be angry with me for not confiding all this in you before but you have to understand that I couldn't interfere with this," Ambrose and Kyree shared a bemused look, before unfurling the letter and reading the short prose written upon it.

To Ambrose Bronwen and Kyree Draven,

Our beautiful boys, if you are reading this letter then you must have matured into wonderful young men and no doubt the bond between the two of you has been consummated. You will have questions, we understand that, and we will be happy to answer each and every one in detail when we meet again. But, for now, we shall keep this letter short. You are different, you must have noticed that by this time. The bond that links the two of you is like no other and will forever remain at the strength in which you feel at this very moment. The lives you have lived, we are afraid to inform you, are that of lies, pure fabrication created to ensure the safety of you both and your brothers until you were able to defend yourselves. We did not wish this life of separation upon you, this was not the way we intended for you to grow up. What you are is a much more complicated matter that cannot be explained in the few words we are able to scrawl down for you. What we cannot stress to you enough is that you must remember one word and one word only if all else fails you. You are not demons, Kyree and Ambrose, you are inarmorates. A race so ancient and so hidden that not even millennia old texts write of our existence. Be patient, for we will reunite together with your brothers when all bonds have been connected. For now, we leave you with the knowledge that you are loved, you are cherished and you are meant for something so much bigger than the realm you live in. Be safe, sweet boys.

Love, Yuki Onna Bronwen and Jezebeth Draven.

The words on the pages seemed to jumble in the two men's minds as they tried to understand what they had just read. Glancing at one another then Lucifer, Kyree remained silent but Ambrose somehow found the words to speak.

"Father, what are we?"

Fin.