Chapter 28

Whatever Ambrose's announcement was, he had been keeping under wraps since before he had been coronated. Kyree couldn't get Saige to divulge even the slightest detail of what it was, no matter how much he badgered or bribed her.

"I can tie my own tie, Ambrose," Kyree huffed for the third time, with a playful roll of his eyes.

"Stop complaining, you love the attention," Ambrose retorted, kissing Kyree's nose as he straightened the deep blue tie.

"We're having lunch, not getting married, Ambrose, must we dress up?" Kyree took hold of Ambrose's hands, "how about we just skip lunch? We could get undressed and have a little time alone? Make up for the last three weeks all in one afternoon?" Ambrose chuckled softly, kissing the knuckles on Kyree's hands in turn.

"That would be your cock talking, baby, not your brain. We are not skipping lunch," Kyree pouted, even contemplated whining, but when Ambrose made up his mind there was no changing it for anything.

Kyree allowed Ambrose to lead him, hand in hand, toward the large dining room that he did not have many great memories in. Kyree had not entered the room many times, and in those times he had queried multiples times why a family with three people needed such a large room to eat three meals in.

The first time he had seen the room, he had been in awe at the beauty of the decor. Ambrose had informed him that it was his great-grandfather who had built the palace and his grandfather had been the one to refurbish it with most of the items that were still there to that day.

Of course, the first time he had entered the room was also when Abigor had nearly choked Essence to death so Kyree didn't really cherish the memory. In the room this time, there were many more people than Kyree expected to see for "just lunch" as Ambrose had called it.

"Kyree, my baby," Yennifer cooed, dashing over to dote all over Kyree as soon as she set eyes on him, "oh, how are you, honey?" Kyree loved his mother dearly but by God she was irritating. She constantly babied him, despite his age being closer to a millennium than a hundred, and it was just getting plain embarrassing.

"Yen, give him some space, he's not five, my dear," Orion chided his wife, tugging her hands gently from Kyree's cheeks.

"Oh, Ori, but I haven't seen him in so long and-"

"I'm fine, mother, really," Kyree interjected, kissing his mother on the cheek, "Ambrose is taking good care of me," Kyree flashed a sly smile toward Ambrose and was tugged closer by the elder demon.

"I pity the poor bastard," Idella chimed in, a smug expression on his face as he patted his brother's shoulder, "glad you're back to somewhat normality, brother."

"Empathetic as ever, baby brother, I wouldn't expect any more," just as Kyree was about to pull his brother into a hug, he noticed Saige stood, talking with Lucifer, draped against the arm of Tyrell. The mere sight of the demon caused Kyree's blood to boil and the colour to drain from his beautiful eyes.

"What is he doing here?" Kyree seethed, unable to remove his eyes from the invading specimen in the room. Ambrose caressed the back of Kyree's hand, excusing them from speaking with his parents and leading him closer to Tyrell.

"Saige invited him, baby, and I think we give him one final chance," Kyree glowered at Ambrose, his lover clearly did not understand the deep disdain, "come on, Ky, you don't even have to talk to him face to face, OK? Just ignore him," just ignore him? Easier said than done when the distance between the two opposing forces was being reduced and Kyree's anger was still building ever higher.

"Kyree," Lucifer, despite no longer being the king, still acted like one. His presence was always felt and his voice reverberated throughout any room he was ever in. Kyree attempted a smile, but could feel the smug stare of Tyrell burning down the back of his neck.