1: A Body In The Woods

"Scott you're my brother." -Stiles Stilinski

Malik Mieczyslaw Mikaelson has had many names

Malik Mieczyslaw Mikaelson has had many names. Malachai Mikaelson was his name given at birth over a thousand years ago, into a small Viking village and a loving family. Well... loving is hardly a way to describe his father Mikael. Who beat Malik and his younger brother Niklaus nearly everyday for petty things such as not being strong enough to fight and calling them names such as "weakling" or "pathetic little boy". But these harsh treatments only bonded the boys closer.

After the loss of their youngest sibling Henrik, their mother turned all six of her live children into monsters of the night. Forever forced to hide in darkness and feed off the blood of others. They became immortal. The only way to kill them, a stake through the heart made of white oak. That said tree was burnt down many years ago and their mother killed. The children were forced to run in fear of their father, hell bent on killing every last one of them.

But the six children made a pact. To stick together always and forever, in whatever they faced. But after a thousand years, the siblings were scattered across the globe, some lay in coffins with daggers in their chests whilst others roamed the world, chasing death and destruction in their wake.

Malik Mikaelson changed his name many times, as he hid in fear of his father. He spent nearly 300 years in Poland, under the alias of Mieczyslaw. He grew fond of the name, so when he came across a small town in California called Beacon Hills, he discovered a Sheriff, a widower, whose wife was of polish origin. He called himself Mieczyslaw Stilinski, But he soon discovered that was too hard to pronounce for many Americans so instead he stuck with Stiles.

Stiles Stilinski, the innocent little human hiding a dark secret.

~~~~~~~~

Beacon Hills Present Day

Malik stood in front of the wall length mirror in his room. He ran a hand through his grown out hair before reaching back and pulling on another checkered flannel. He sighed, the act of an innocent human probably would have been easier if he had chosen an alias with a better sense in fashion.

His phone rang and he looked down at the caller ID, he ran an exhausted hand down his face before picking up, putting on a happy charade as he did so.

"Hey Scott, what's up?"

"Hey Stiles I need you to come to woods, they've found a body."

"Uh ok... does it look supernatural?" Malik asked tiredly as he went around the room looking for his bag.

"I think so... I'm not sure though. Look I think it's a good idea for you to come check it out, something feels off." 

"Gotcha!" Malik found his bag underneath his bed. "Okay I'll meet you there in ten minutes." Malik said goodbye and hung up. He threw a torch and a few essentials into the bag before hopping into the jeep.

Malik hummed quietly as he tapped his fingers along the steering wheel, making his way towards the woods. It had been nearly two years since he had put up this charade. Two years since he went through all the effort of compelling the whole town into believing that the sheriff had a hyperactive ADHD son, whose best friend was Scott McCall. Two years of peace and quiet. Well not entirely, but Malik honestly didn't mind the supernatural being a constant in his life, he was supernatural (not that anyone knew that).

What Malik didn't count on however was actually becoming attached to the occupants of this small town, he couldn't help it. When he first arrived he was just using this place as a cover, somewhere to lie low for a while until the threat of Mikael had passed. That was until things started to get interesting, as soon as he met a certain strawberry blonde he knew that it would be a while before he left for good. Too bad that all nice things don't last forever.

Malik pulled up in his blue jeep and honked twice to alert Scott he had arrived. He smirked as he jumped out to run towards the puppy eyed alpha.

"Hey Scott!" Malik called as he reached him. Scott smiled in return, although it did not reach his eyes.

"Hey Stiles." Scott greeted with less enthusiasm. "I know we should be getting used to finding bodies like this but I just thought things were getting back to normal again. When Lydia called I knew things won't ever go back to the way they were." Scott looked down as Malik frowned.

"Lydia called? So it was a banshee thing?" Malik asked furrowing his brows, ignoring Scott's first statement.

"More like a supernatural thing." The Sheriff interrupted as he walked towards the two boys. "Hey son." He greeted nodding towards Malik.

"Hey dad." Malik waved in return. "So what makes you think this may be supernatural?" He asked twirling his hands together nervously.

"I think you'd better see for yourself." The blue eyed Sheriff sighed as he motioned towards the crime scene behind him. Scott and Malik looked to each other before following him under the police tape.

A group of about 3 CSIs surrounded a body on the ground, covering it. Deputies surrounded the area, some talking into their radios whilst others questioned civilians standing by. Malik kept moving around desperate to get a look at the body, but everything kept getting in the way. He huffed in annoyance before pushing his way through the cries of protests from the officers and scientists and towards the body.

"What the hell?" Scott exclaimed looking down at the pale body. The body was a man in his early twenties, his skin pale with raven hair. His body was covered in dried blood, the most of it seemingly coming from a wound to the neck. Malik paled as he saw the familiar two incisions sticking out blindly for anyone to see.

Malik gulped as he fished for his phone. He pushed his way back out of the detectives until he was out of earshot. He frantically dialled the one number he knew would end his time in Beacon Hills but he knew the moment he saw the body what had happened to it. It was drained of blood. Vampires had come to Beacon Hills.

The phone rang for a moment before someone answered, a male voice rang through the line.

"Hello who is this?" He inquired

"Hello Elijah, it's Malik I may have an issue."