Prologue

"Not all monsters do monstrous things." -Lydia Martin

Beacon Hills 2010

Beacon Hills 2010

Malik walked through the empty streets of Beacon Hills. He ran his hand through his buzzed hair as he reached a small house, not unlike any other. He sighed as he walked up the wooden steps and held his hand hesitantly over the doorbell. If he did this there was no going back. It would be a new life, a new identity, a new start, far away from the reaches of his father and his family.

He took a deep breath before pressing down on the doorbell. Breathing in the cold night air as the ringing of the bell echoed out onto the empty streets. He listened to the tired footsteps walking up to the door before a lock clicked and it opened to reveal and middle aged man with kind blue eyes and a tired smile.

"You okay son?" He asked looking confusingly at the stranger who knocked on his door in the middle of the night.

"Yeah, I as wondering if you could help me. Your the sheriff right?" Malik asked in his American accent, faking worry. He smiled as the Sheriff invited him inside. Malik looked around at the small house. A glass of bourbon was out on the counter and the house was a mess. He walked over to a small picture containing the Sheriff and a woman who looked reasonably like him. Good start.

"Is this your wife?" Malik asked innocently.

"Uh... yeah she was, she passed away though, a few years ago." The Sheriff replied, looking down sadly. "You look like her you know." He mumbled looking up at Malik, his soft blue eyes glistening with memory.

"Really? What was she like?" Malik asked kindly, giving the Sheriff a welcoming smile.

"Her father, who was a strong-willed polish man always told me she was too good for me. Boy, was he right. She was amazing." He smiled his eyes glossing over at the memory. "Too far out of my league." He chuckled to himself.

Polish.

Malik knew then that the Sheriff was perfect for his plan. He walked over and grabbed the old man's head with both of his hands and looking deeply into his eyes.

"I am your son. My name is Mieczyslaw Stilinski. You brought me up and raised me for sixteen years, since the day I was born. You love me and as far as you know I am human. We take care of each other since Claudia died. You will believe this until the day I compel you to forget." Malik compelled the Sheriff before he nodded in reply. Malik smiled, stepping back from Noah satisfied. Smirking, he left the small house.

He had a whole town to compel. Next stop. A best friend.