19: Innocents

"We arrive into this world as innocents. Wide eyed and vulnerable. It is the job of our parents to nurture and protect us." — Klaus Mikaelson

" — Klaus Mikaelson

Two Months Later

Greendale

Lydia breathed heavily as Malik stroked her head calmingly. The hybrid pushed the banshee through the hospital, whispering soothing comments in her ear. It was finally time. It had taken nine months but finally the day was here. The baby was coming. And he was so not ready.

Malik ran a frantic hand through his slightly grown out hair, and rubbed the stubble on his chin anxiously. The nurses took Lydia into a small closed room, closing the door and leaving him in the waiting room. The hybrid paced back and forth, his hands shaking with pre-parental panic. What if he wasn't a good father? He couldn't do this, after a thousand years and he still wasn't ready. What if the child finds out the truth about him too early? What if the child hates him?

"You alright love?" A soft british voice asked. Malik looked up to see a small plump woman, with short curly blonde hair, kind blue eyes and a sweet smile. She was wearing a pink knitted jumper and a flowery dress whilst also carrying a small handbag to her side. Malik's eyes widened with recognition and a grateful smile formed on his stressed face.

"Hilda, thank god." Malik whispered, standing up to give the elder witch a hug. "Today's the day and I don't think I'm ready." The hybrid sighed looking towards the door that the banshee had just gone through. His eyes lost with longing.

"Is the lovely lady in there?" Hilda asked motioning to the door as she sat down on one of the chairs lining the hospital wall. She placed her plump hand on Malik's squeezing it slightly in comfort. "She'll be fine," Hilda cooed. "Do you know how many babies Zelda and I have delivered over the years?" She chuckled raising an eyebrow at the hybrid. Malik didn't reply, just shaking his head as he sat down next to the witch. "Well, too many to count." She smiled. "I have enough experience to know that these doctors know what they are doing and soon enough you will have a beautiful child, boy or girl." Hilda placed a soft hand in Malik's cheek. "Don't you worry love, you'll be amazing."

"Thank you, Hilda." Malik whispered, looking to the old witch with watery eyes. The hybrid laughed lightly as he wiped the unfallen tears from his face, composing himself once more. "How's Sabrina nowadays? Is she growing up to be a fine witch like her wonderful aunt?" Hilda opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, the door to Lydia's room opened and a nurse poked her was out.

"Stiles Stilinski?" The nurse asked, looking around the waiting room. As soon as those words left her mouth Malik stood up rapidly, accidentally knocking down the magazine stand next to him, cringing as the crash echoed down the hall.

"Errr... yep that's me." Malik held up his hand sheepishly, as he looked at the knocked over stand in embarrassment. "I'll.... sort that out... later..." he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly for a moment before he remembered why he was there. "Oh! is she?" Malik asked standing on his toes to see if he could look past the nurse and into Lydia's room.

"Yes, right this way sir." The nurse stood aside and let the hyperactive hybrid into the small room. Malik ran straight inside, stopping at an abrupt halt as his eyes landed on Lydia. She was sitting up on a hospital bed, her head beaded with sweat but her expression full of joy. She was holding a small bundle of blankets, Malik's knees fell weak as he heard the soft heartbeat coming from inside them.

"Is it?" Malik gulped as his teary eyes met Lydia's. The banshee smiled softly as she beckoned him to come over. The hybrid made his way quietly to her side, kneeling down so that he was now level with the small bundle of joy.

"It's a girl." Lydia whispered weakly, as she handed over the small baby to the outstretched arms of Malachai. The original gazed down at the newborn in wonder. He gasped as the little girl opened her eyes to display two small whisky orbs, identical to his. He traced the beautiful features of her adorable face with the tip of his finger, as he beamed ear to ear.

"She's amazing." Malik whispered, still lost at how this child could be his. Lydia's eyes met his in agreement.

"Yes she is." Lydia chuckled lightly as Hilda poked her head round the door nosily. Malik followed the banshee's gaze and stood up to show off his daughter to his old friend.

"What do you think Hilda? Isn't she wonderful?" Malik asked proudly as Hilda beamed down at the young child, lightly playing with her tiny fingers as they wrapped around her larger ones.

"Just like her father." Hilda replied finally, looking up to meet his gaze. "What are you going to name her?" Malik thought for a moment, looking down at his daughter and then to her mother across the room.

"Allison." He whispered as Lydia's eyes teared up in memory.

"Perfect." The banshee agreed.

————

I'm getting excited! I've just written about three chapters in the past three days and I'm getting hyped. Some stuff is about to go down... haha have a good week!