4: The Hybrid

"YOU CAN'T KILL ME!" -The Nogitsune

Malik sat impatiently waiting for Damon to return

Malik sat impatiently waiting for Damon to return. He clicked his tongue as he tapped his foot repeatedly on the floor. He sighed with relief once he heard the familiar creak of the door.

"Ugh Damon finally I was getting bored." Malik smirked as Damon went to sit in front of him. "What have you been up to whilst I've been tied to this chair?"

"I was doing research." Damon answered simply. He narrowed his eyes curiously at Malik. "I was digging up what I could about Stiles Stilinski and one event seemed to stick out to me a bit." He hummed. "Something to do with a possession of an evil spirit?" Malik's smirk dropped instantly.

"Why do you want to know about that?" He growled. Damon merely shrugged.

"I just don't get it. How can a powerful original vampire get possessed by a fox spirit?" He asked frowning at Malik's now amused expression.

"Oh come on now." Malik mocked grinning. "You didn't really think I was possessed did you? Oh no no if only it were that easy. You see, Niklaus wasn't the only Hybrid of the family." Damon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? I thought Mikael and Ester were your parents. How can you be part fox?" Damon asked intriguingly.

"I am their child, however I was not born part kitsune. I was made that way." Malik said grimly, a dark looked crossed his face. "Around the year 1106 I was kidnapped by a group of Japanese witches. They belonged to a religious sect that worshipped a celestial kitsune. That kitsune had recently died and they were trying to resurrect her, through channeling my body."

"Something went wrong with the spell. To this day I don't really know what happened. All I know is that something backfired and instead of resurrecting the dead kitsune a new one was made in its place. A new type of Kitsune, a dark kitsune, a Nogitsune. A creature that feeds of chaos, strife and pain. I became a monster of nightmares. Legends were created in fear of me. I gained a reputation of the most dangerous Mikaelson."

"Over the years I'd managed to hide in the dark. Only whispers of stories to confirm my existence , I was a myth. One little fact that myth didn't include however was the curse. Once every century I would lose control of my fox. It would take over and follow its primal instincts. To cause chaos, strife and pain."

"Last year the curse was activated again and the fox took over. That's where you saw how poor little Stiles Stilinski got 'possessed'. It was a tragedy, so many killed. Blah blah blah." Malik rolled his eyes sarcastically. "It was nothing compared to the destruction I had caused in previous centuries. I guess they figured out how to stop me earlier than others had before."

"You see, a werewolf bite does not kill me however it does sedate the fox. That's why when Scott bit me, he effectively 'killed' the Nogitsune and everything was all good and happy again." Malik smiled faking joy before his expression turned dark, as his eyes flashed silver. "You see, Damon, I'm no ordinary Mikaelson." Malik smirked devilishly at the fear crossing Damon's expression. He smiled maliciously as he dropped his hands from behind his back, showing the untied rope falling to the floor.

"No no no no no." Damon whimpered falling to his knees in terror. Malik laughed at the pathetic fear radiating off the vampire, as he stood, towering over him.

"You should really do some proper research into who your kidnapping Damon." He shook his head patronisingly. "You never know what secrets they may be hiding." He flashed his eyes as his fangs hissed at the cowering man. "My name is Malachai Mieczyslaw Mikaelson. The most dangerous being the walk this Earth. Did you really think you could contain ME?!!" Malik roared, grabbing Damon by the neck and lifting him up above him.

"STILES! Stop!" The door to the room flung open as Lydia ran into the room closely followed by the pack, and surprisingly his family. "This isn't you." She cried staring in shock at Malik's monstrous face.

"You have no idea who I am." Malik growled gripping Damon's neck tighter as his face began to turn purple.

"I know the man I fell in love with." Lydia sobbed as Malik's eyes widened in shock, instantly dropping Damon to the floor, gasping for air. 

"You love me?" He asked as his fangs retracted and his eyes faded to their normal whisky brown.

"Yes! You idiot. Now let's get out of here." She finished as she held out her hand for him to take. Malik hesitantly took it as he faced the shocked packs faces.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Scott shook his head as he walked out of the room, the pack following closely behind. Malik waited until they had all gone before facing his family.

"Elijah, Nik, Rebekah, it's good to see you." Malik smiled as they embraced him in a hug.

"You too brother, you too." Rebekah whispered into his shoulder. Malik pulled away and turned to face a tall woman with brown curly hair.

"I'm assuming you must be Hayley?" He asked as she nodded. He held out a hand. "I'm Malik, nice to meet you." He smiled before frowning in thought. "I just remembered I have to tell them everything now don't I?" He asked dismally turning to Elijah.

"I'm afraid so brother, but I think it's time for you to return home. To your family." Elijah patted Malik on the shoulder as the Mikaelsons all walked out together, leaving just Malik in the room with Damon.

"Oh Damon one last thing before I go." He turned to face the vampire. He knelt down and looked at Damon threateningly. "If you dare go anywhere near the people I care about ever again I swear to god you will never see your brother alive." He smiled nicely before holding out his hand. "Deal?"

Before Damon had a chance to answer Malik had already got up and sped out of the room. Leaving Damon, fuming and rubbing his neck, whilst thinking of the many ways he could possibly get revenge.