29: The Unexpected

"The passage of time will heal all wounds, but the greater the loss the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade but the scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the barrow all the more resolved, never to be wounded again. So as time moved along we get lost in distractions, act out in frustration, react in aggression, dive into anger; and all the while we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger. And before we know it, the time passes. We are healed, ready to begin anew." - Klaus Mikaelson

" - Klaus Mikaelson

Love. A word used so often yet also not enough. A word that can have an infinite number of meanings, known only to the person who feels it. There are many types of love. There is the love of friends, the love of family. A kind of love that makes you sacrifice everything for someone without a second thought. A kind of love that can take more than it gives. Love can be the best and the worst thing in the world.

The thing about love is that, it may not last. Even the greatest loves, no matter how passionate, can crash and burn in the blink of an eye. Love can be forever, but love can also only be for now. As life is cruel, and the twists and turns of being alive means that some things may not turn out as you wish them to. Being in love is a risk, it's up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it.

Loves can change and develop over time. Your greatest love may not be your last. Even if it feels like you could never feel for someone as deeply as you did before, you will. As love has a truly beautiful way of finding its way back into your life, not matter how hard you try to keep it out.

So as Malik looked into the bright whisky eyes of his baby daughter, his own reflected pure, unconditional love for the child before him. As even the men who feel they do not deserve love, will feel the emotion more passionately than any other without knowing it. And with every inch of their being they will care for others as they seek for that love in return.

So as Allison giggled as she blinked up at her father, a wide smile on her plump, rosy cheeks. Malik felt his heart warm with emotion. As someone loved him in return.

"Malik?" The soft voice of his older sister called him from the door. The original turned and smiled at the dirty blonde before him, walking over so she could see her niece.

"Is it time Freya?" Malik asked, looking up to meet his eldest sibling's warmed eyes. The Mikaelson witch's smile widened, holding out her hand for him to take.

"Let's go give our brother away." Freya turned with Malik's hand in hers, as they made their way into Mikaelson compound. The courtyard had been decorated with lights surrounding the walls, intertwined with the ivy like fireflies. Large pale pink and white flowers decorated the pillars and ran up the large grand staircase at the end, which was blooming with candles, flowers and berries of every type. It was stunning to say the least.