Part 6

"Come let me introduce you to my nonno(grandfather) and everyone." He took hold of my right hand and led me to where the elderly man who seemed to be in his seventies sat.

"Nonno, questo è(this is) Santa Faye Wilson, my fiancée, the one I told you about not long ago." He directed at the old man who sat at the head of the table.

If what I was thinking was right then that was his grandfather Dante Benenati. He was kind of not old than what I had imagined, he had thinning gray hair and a mustache, whiskey eyes, a crooked nose and strong jaw just like his grandson's with age lines all over his face.

"Honey, this is....."

"Your grandfather, Mr Dante Benenati." I boldly concluded for him before taking a step closer.

"Nice to finally meet you Sir, Yale has told me soo much about you. It's such an honor." I blurted out the lie not knowing where my confidence had come from.

He sat there with a straight face staring intently at me, a frown began to form on his face with each passing second and that got me anxious. Had he figured out all this was fake? Or he didn't like me, I thought to myself with panic.

"Santa Faye, come nella città messicana.?" (Santa Faye as in the Mexican city?). He said in Italian and the only thing I understood was my name.

Everyone around the table burst out in fits of laughter so did Mr Dante and Yale. I stood there confused as hell as to what he had just said but decided to join in the laughter even though I knew it was at my expense.

"No nonno, Santa Faye as in F-a-y-e." I heard Yale say beside me as everyone quiet down and resumed eating their breakfast.

"Ahhhh.....F-a-y-e" he said as if he had just figured out a difficult riddle, placing emphasis on each of the letter.

"Yes Sir." I smiled my agreement.

"Vieni cara, come closer let me look at that beautiful face of yours." He stretched out both his hand towards me.

I grabbed hold unto his hands and drew closer, with him sitting down and me standing up. He patted the back of my hand before looking up to me.

"Ahhh your face, those beauty spots...it's like a work of art, I really look forward to getting to know you better." He uttered in plain English with an honest smile which showed all the age lines on his face.

Mr Dante let go off my hand after that to return to his breakfast before Yale spoke again.

"Those two are my aunts, and over there are my cousins, and these are my nieces and nephews." He pointed out to me.

In all there were two aunts, four cousins, all who were female and six kids. I waved to them with a grin plastered on my face.

"What about me, won't you introduce me as well?." I heard a voice asked from the entrance.

Just as earlier, heads turned to where the voice had come from, well everybody's head had turned except for Mr Dante and Yale. Silence........dead silence, that's was all that could be heard.

I turned my gaze from everyone to look at the intruder and my, was he mighty fine, but not the way Yale was. He stood there looking like one of those hot models from those fancy editorial magazines. He had golden brown hair with russet eyes, a straight nose with thin lips and he looked well built.