Part 9

Yale's P.o.V
The shuffling of a body against mine only made me tighten my hold more before pulling it back against my stiff groin. I knew it was morning but I wanted to stay this way forever. This was by far the best sleep I had had in months and I didn't know if it was because a body was next to me.

She went still for a moment but I could hear her heart thudding loudly within her chest. Was she uncomfortable because my member was poking her or scared that I was in bed with her, or alarmed that she wasn't dead? I thought to myself with my eyes still closed. A minute passed before I felt her hand on mine trying to free it off her body.

"Will you stay still and go back to sleep." I murmured against her hair.

She stopped and settled back in the bed turning as stiff as a board. Why was she acting all skittish like she had never been in bed with the opposite sex before. She had nearly drowned and there was no way in hell I was going to allow her out of bed today.....well until Ave said it was okay. She relaxed after a few minutes passed but I knew she hadn't gone back to sleep as instructed.

The room was silent save for the low sounds coming from the oxygen concentrator and from the sea outside. The peace and quiet was short lived as it was interrupted by someone knocking at the door. The soft tap came once and when no response came, it became persistent.

"Zio Ilario!! Zio Ilario!! Zio Ilario!! (Uncle Ilario)" The small voices of kids yelled from behind the door banging on it. I could also hear muffled voices accompanying those of the kids.

With a grunt, I let go of Santa Faye, got out of bed and prudently went to open the door. As soon as it was opened, little bodies darted pass me, headed to the bed and crawled inside. The rest of the family entered too without being invited in. I let out a sigh before closing the door.

"I'm so sorry but Rico and the others wanted to see her badly. He told us what happened. Could you believe she was rather trying to save Rico from drowning and not what we all thought?" Federica whispered to me as she made her way over to the bed.

"What?!" I whisper yelled totally taken aback by the new development. So she wasn't trying to kill herself but rather save Rico. She was willing to give up her own life for a family she had no relation to whatsoever. I stood there with my eyes transfixed on her trying to figure what kind of person she was.

Santa Faye had already taken off the oxygen mask and was sitting in bed with Rico's little hands wrapped around her neck. The rest of the family were around the bed with my grandfather seated beside her, saying something to her, which made her smile. I drew closer so I could hear him.

"My entire family is indebted to you dear. If not for your selflessness and courage, we would have been in mourning." My grandfather concluded kissing the back of her hands.

"It was nothing Mr Dante. I'm just glad Rico here is fine." She shook her head and said in a dry hoarse voice.

The rest of the family also joined in giving her their appreciation and whatnot, especially Anna. Well she had too because Rico was her son, despite the fact that she didn't like Santa Faye. Minutes passed and these people showed no sign of leaving any time soon which was starting to piss me off.

"Enough people, she still needs to rest, tutti fuori(everyone out)." I said with a straight face.

"Yes she still needs her rest." Ave chipped in as she checked her, with Rico still clinging to her.

"ma non voglio andarmene.(but I don't want to go)." Rico whined still holding on.

My grandfather had to coax him into letting go with the promise that he could come back in an hour time. They all reluctantly left, especially the kids but Ave stayed behind.