Part 28

He was just too much. What was with him, questioning me about any guy he saw me with. Why was he here and who had told him where I was? I put the phone away before looking up to a very pissed Yale. I opened my mouth to say something but refrained from doing so when I saw the flask in his hand. Taking the flask, I offered him a quick thank you before brushing past him and heading straight into the building. I didn't answer to him and I wasn't going to start now with explaining who Adam was.

Putting the flask and my phone inside my bag, I hurried to the elevator. No one was waiting and those inside were all getting out. I stepped inside and got ready to close it only to have Yale also step inside facing me with his scowl still very present staring daggers at me. Not taking his eyes off me, he pressed the button to close the elevator.

"Who was he?" He asked again in a clipped tone.

"What is it to you?" I threw back at him raising my eyebrows.

"I need to know what kind of people you come near my daughter."

Rolling my eyes at him, I took a step back folding my hands across my chest and ignoring him. Was he serious? What did he think, that I went around mingling with the opposite sex and then introducing them to my daughter? He still kept his gaze on me not blinking and still very mad. He could explode for all I cared.

The elevator came to an abrupt stop all of a sudden making me loose my balance for a second. My gaze flew up to Yale after steadying myself, he still stood strong and hadn't even flinched. I made my way over to the buttons to press on any of them in an attempt to get it moving again but nothing.

"No no no no no." I uttered still frantically pressing on the buttons.

This couldn't happen now, I couldn't be stuck with him here, why did he have to follow me in here and why did the stupid elevator have to stop now? I thought to myself as I stopped hitting the buttons.

"Did you have to follow me in here? Why can't you just focus on getting to know your daughter and stay out of my business?" I bitterly complained making my way back to where I was earlier.

"You can stand being around other men but can't stand being stuck in here with me or me touching you?" He asked taking his hands out of his pocket to run it over his face.

I ignored him again, closing my eyes and messaging my temples, I could already feel a headache coming on. The next thing I knew, my back was against the wall of the elevator which made me snap my eyes open. Yale's face was an inch away from mine with his arms bracing each side of my neck trapping me in.

"Answer me." He whispered with his eyes transfixed on my lips staring at it.

My breath hitched up from having him this close to me again with my heart anxious beating inside of me. Some stupid part of me made the mistake of licking my lips which had suddenly gone dry and that was it. Yale wasted no time crushing his lips on mine and snaking his hand around me to pull me against his body.

My hands which had suddenly gone limp found its way to his chest to try and get him off me but to no avail. I moaned out in protest but that only fueled him, his right hand left my waist and made it's way to the the nape of my neck to steady my head and also deepen the kiss. My eyes shuttered close with that with my moans of protest coming to an end.

I surrendered, kissing him back with all the desire that had awaken in me now. He had done it, he had managed to weaken my resolve and proved how weak I was. My bag dropped to the floor giving me the full opportunity to wrap my hands around him. This was so wrong and I was clearly not thinking but it felt so right.