Part 27

It had been three days since the whole big revelation and Yale and Winter's bond and relationship was growing strong which was a relief for me, I had feared for the worst. It had become a routine of his to come here every morning to pick Winter and I up and drop her off at school which was really not needed from my point of view. Our relationship was still tensed and we barely had any conversation apart from the courteous good morning and him always complimenting me on how I looked like that was going to get him in my good books.

Well I was glad we had a mutual respect relationship going on and that was all that was needed. I finally made my descent downstairs and into the kitchen where my mother and daughter were conversing about everything including a certain someone like they had done every other morning. Winter would share her encounters with Yale with my mother and she would listen with interest.

And to say my mother's cool and composed demeanor wasn't nerve racking and unsettling would have been a very big lie. She hadn't asked me anything pertaining to my revelation and had even acted like it had never been said. We conversed normally just like we always had but her not saying anything or giving an opinion was killing me since she always had something to say.

I made my way over to my daughter to place a kiss on her forehead and head to the coffee jar to pour myself a cup.

"Don't you want some of the strawberry pancakes?" My mother asked when I turned to face her.

"No, mum. I'm not really hungry." I gave a brief smile bringing the cup to my lips to blow air over the hot coffee.

"Are you sure, because these are really good." My mom asserted taking a bite of her own share of pancakes.

"Yes mommy." Winter nodded her head in support of what my mother said, stuffing her face.

"I know hunny, Gigi doesn't cook but when she does, it's amazing." I compliment my mother before taking a sip of my coffee.

We made small talks about work until Winter finished with her meal with vanilla syrup stains on her peach shirt and around her mouth. She hardly ever made a mess when she ate except when it was something with syrup, vanilla syrup to be exact. Setting down my cup, I grabbed hold of a napkin, wetting it in the process before closing the short distance between me and her to clean the traces of syrup from her face and her shirt.

"Owww sweetheart, you made a mess." I softly said to her vigorously wiping at the stain but only ended up making it worse.

"No mummy. You made a mess." She stated looking at her top and then at me.

"Why don't you go change."

Putting the napkin away, I helped her down after that and watch as she skipped out of the kitchen before turning back to my mother.

"Are you still in shock or you still processing what I told you three days ago?" I asked the question I had been wanting to ask since Tuesday, leaning against the counter.

"No, I'm fine. Why will I be in shock." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"So why haven't you reacted or said anything."

"Because I already knew." My mother admitted leaving me astound.

"What?! You knew? How? I never said anything to you."

"Yes dear. Yale's mum and I were childhood friends and still would have been if not for her dying so young in that horrid crash. How do you think you got a job at Adkins advertising with ease? I know most of the people there." She stated as if it was common knowledge everyone was suppose to know.