Part 16

Yale's P.o.V
Pure rage and anger coursed through my body as my eyes beheld Nate talking to Santa Faye who looked really nervous and ready to bolt. I stood there with murder on my face as memories of the past filtered through my head making me clench my fist in rage. He has always been jealous of me and sought out to ruin me, he had taken Lillian away from me and now here he was using the same charm and strategy he'd use on Lillian on Santa Faye.

His hand flew to her face to push a lock of her hair behind her ear and that was when I lost it. I covered the few distance to wrench his hand away from her before punching him right in the face with all the anger I felt. Nate stumbled backwards and hit the ground holding unto his nose that was now bleeding.

"Don't you ever touch her with your filthy hands ever again, or even dare talk or come close to her." I bellowed out at him on the ground, who just chuckled with a smirk on his face.

At that moment I felt like punching and beating the life out of him but I knew what he was gaming at and I wasn't going to give in. Turning around I grabbed hold of Santa Faye's arm who seemed to be in shock from my display of anger, and dragged her all the way back to the room.

I shut the door with a loud bang once we got in, before slamming her against the wall to pin her there. She was an innocent here and didn't know the history and bad blood between me and Nate but I just couldn't help but to be furious with her.

"What in God's name were you doing talking to him, did I not tell you to come down straight after you were done?" I menacingly asked through gritted teeth with my hand still on her arm.

Fear quickly settled in those eyes of her and I could hear her heart actually thudding in her chest. I tighten my grip on her, willing her to answer but all she did was stare back at me with misty eyes.

"Answer me!!" I yelled out punching the wall with my fist.

"Y-you hurting me." She whimpered out in pain as a single tear slid down her face.

And that was enough to make the anger that was raging through me disappear all at once. What was I even doing? Venting out my anger at her who had no idea of what was going on. What the hell was wrong with me?

Losing my hold on her, I took a step back from her to run my hand over my face to clear the fog in my head. My gaze landed back on her but she had her head bowed with tears free falling from her eyes to the ground. My heart clenched within me at the sight and I felt really bad for being the cause.

"Faye?" I lowly called out her name but she still did not raise her head but rather, wipe the tears away.

"I didn't mean to be crude with you." I explained as I took a step closer to her. She flinched when my hand went to her chin to tip it up.

"It's fine." She sniffed out before alarmingly taking hold of my right hand.

"Your knuckles are bleeding." She said in concern before bringing it up to examine it.

I didn't even know my hand was bleeding, and she actually noticing and caring about it made a feeling of warmth settled over me. She was so different than the rest of the women I had come into contact with in my life. She was truly something special, to put others hurt in place of yours wasn't something people exhibited.

She let go of my hand and rushed in the direction of the bathroom, leaving me standing and staring after her. She emerged  a second later with a first aid kit in hand.

"Can I....can I attend to it?" She asked looking at the box in her hands.

Seriously, she was just too sweet and too caring. Letting out a sigh, I made my way over to sit on the bed so she could attend to my wounds. She briskly made her way over to where I sat to kneel down at my feet before opening up the box. Hand outstretched, she took mine into hers and started dabbing at the blood on my knuckle with a piece of gauze with the outmost care and attention.