Part 18

"How was it?" Yale asked from where we sat in a lounge chair by the poolside outside with my head on his chest and his arms around me.

He had been all tensed not long ago but was now relaxed, wactching some of his family having a swim in the pool. I just couldn't help but bask in the moment of just being this close to him and listening to the sound of his heartbeat.

"Faye!" He called out to me snapping me out of my trance.

"Huh?. Ummm it was fun. Federica got me so much clothes that I don't think I'd be wearing. I insisted on paying but she wouldn't let me."

"You are lucky she didn't drag you all over town, if there's one thing Fede likes to do, it's to shop." Yale let out a chuckle as he spoke.

"Really?" I raised my head to affirm the new information.

"Yes, she's a stylist, and a good one at that." He praised his cousin.

"She mentioned a p-party though." I blurted out.

"What about it?"

"I-isn't it a bad idea. Considering this is just pretend."

"So? You have been playing the role of my fiancée perfectly, tomorrow will be nothing different." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"B-but...."

"But what?" Yale demanded staring up at the sky.

"I don't do too well with parties. What is I say or do something I'm not suppose to." I finally admitted with a worried look.

He let go of me to sit up and rub his leg before turning to me.

"You will be fine. Besides I will be there with you so nothing of that sort will happen." He reassuringly said but I still wasn't down with it.

And I couldn't shake off this feeling I had that something bad was going to happen, maybe it was just the nerves talking.

"Hey, you will be fine." He affirmed one last time.

Giving a small smile, I also sat up before doing something stupid that I shouldn't have. Yale instantly froze when my hand went to where his was rubbing, to massage it for him. My hands lingered there, not knowing whether to proceed or withdraw my hands.

"What are doing?" He asked in a strained voice, bringing his gaze to mine.

"I-I-I just thought...." I trailed off not knowing what to say.

"I'm s-sorry." I quickly added and got ready to withdraw my hands but his own covered mine, stopping me in the process.

"It's okay. I have never had anyone touch them except for my therapist." He explained.

"I really am sorry. I-I didn't mean to touch it. It's just...."

"You don't have to apologize. Go on." He let go of my hand and relaxed a bit giving me full access to his leg.

Slowly, I started to knead his tensed leg muscle, careful not to do anything stupid. Yale let out a groan which drew my attention back to him.

"Am I h-hurting you?" I inquired, pausing for a second.

"No, it actually feels good. It's been a while I actually went for therapy." He admitted.

A pleased smiled graced my lips as I continued with what I was doing. My reservations about the party had been subsided to be replaced by the questions that had been on my mind since earlier but I didn't know how to ask him without getting him angry.