Part 29

Yale's P.o.V
Kissing her had been a big mistake because now all I could think about and all I wanted to do was kiss her till my very last breath. God, I had almost lost it when I saw her laughing and flirting with that guy like she had no care in the word. Why couldn't she be that way with me? The reality of it all hit me, she was in no way mine and I could loose her to just anyone and I sure as hell wasn't about to let that happen.

Everything had changed, from the moment I found out I had a daughter, everything changed. I wanted her now, I wanted a family, I wanted more kids, I wanted to have something that gave meaning to my existence. And I had a solid plan to get all that I wanted, I was going to get her pregnant again. It was going to be difficult considering the fact that she had made it clear nothing was ever going to happen between us. But I was going to have my way.

Letting out a breath, I lifted my head just in time to catch a glimpse of someone coming out of the house. It was the brother I had mistaken for her husband. What had even pushed me to think this kid could be her husband. And yes I was at her house, I wasn't stalking her or anything, I was just waiting to see my daughter. Maybe she'd already arrived, and since I didn't have Santa Faye's number he was my best option to finding out if she was already home.

Quickly getting out of the car, I made my way towards him to ask of his sister. His facial expression changed to something dark the moment he saw me. His fist connected straight to my face even before I could get a word out of my mouth making me take a step back. I scoffed out, taken aback by his behavior, well I did deserve it, I had punched him and since I was trying to get into Santa Faye's good graces, I was going to let it slide. My hands flew to my lips to check for any cut or injury since I could taste blood in my mouth.

"That's for hitting me and also for hurting my sister." He spat out, flexing his hand muscles.

"Where is she?" I calmly asked, composing myself once again.

"What makes you think I'm going to tell you?" He snorted shaking his head.

"Because I'm asking you."

"Yeah right."

That was it, no more playing nice. He was being insolent and I did not tolerate insolence. Adjusting my left cuff, I took an intimidating step closer  before coldly staring down at him.

"Where is she?" I demanded, daring him to defy me.

We stood there for a minute or so, until he finally succumbed.

"Fine, I'm not telling you this because I like you or anything but I think she and Winter might be in danger and you deserve to know." He uttered giving me one final hard stare.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Someone tried to run her off the road..."

"What?!" Panic and fear washed over me with my heart thudding within me.

"Are they okay?" I urgently asked with worry gnawing at me, afraid something bad had happened.

"Yes."

I let out a relieved breath, grateful they were both alright,

"Where is she?" I calmly asked trying to get my thudding heart under control.

"And why should I tell you? For all I know you could be the mastermind behind it, kill the mother get the child." He accused with a smirk on his face.