♡five♡

Don't play the song yet

"Awsten, I am not wearing that."

"Aw, why not?"

Brendon picked up the floral button-up off of his lap where it was thrown. "Because I'm not a middle-aged dad," he sighed, throwing his head back and looking at the white ceiling. "Why did I agree to do this?"

"Because you love me," Awsten paused, "or maybe because you forgot how terrible my closet is," he trailed off, trying to find something that would fit Brendon's fashion style.

"Then why'd you have me over in the first place?" Brendon asked exasperatedly, now falling down onto the bed with his legs dangling off the side.

Awsten pulled out a yellow and brown striped sweater and black skinny jeans. "We haven't done anything together in a while, we needed some father-son bondage time," he said with a straight face, handing Brendon the clothes which he completely disregarded.

"Bondage?" Brendon smirked while raising an eyebrow. "What the fuck does that mean?"

Awsten shrugged. "I don't know. I'll look it up while you put those on," he gestured toward the clothes. Brendon held up the sweater with a quizzical eyebrow. "It's the most 'normal' thing I own, just put it on!"

Brendon chuckled to himself as he removed himself from the grape haired boy's bed and carried himself, and the clothes, to the bathroom across the hall. He closed and locked the door behind him once he entered the porcelain room. Quickly stripping off his clothes, he shrugged on the sweatshirt and pulled on the jeans. He observed his appearance in the mirror above the white sink and silently approved of Awsten's outfit choice. He combed his fingers through his hair a few times and adjusted his glasses that were sitting on the bridge of his nose, smiling at his appearance.

He looked really fucking good.

He exited the bathroom and returned to his friend's room. "Your thoughts?"

Awsten looked up from his phone, presumably from looking up "bondage", "Aw, you look like such a bottom! It's cute, I approve."

"Awsten I'm not-"

"Yes, you are! Don't you remember at all what happened with you and-"

"Shutupshutupshutup!" Brendon huffed. "I do, God. But who said He's going to be a top?"

Awsten's eyes scanned Brendon's body again. "Have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You're practically screaming that you're a bottom."

"I'm not- you know what? Whatever," he muttered. He looked at Awsten who still had his phone in his hands, "What does bondage mean?"

Awsten glanced at his phone screen, trying to hide a smile. "Okay, get this," he starts, "one of the definitions is a 'sexual practice that involves the tying up or restraining of one partner'. You gonna try that tonight?"

Brendon's face flushed red while his thoughts went back to when Ryan pinned him against a few lockers. He didn't know why that was the image, especially why it had to have Ryan of all people in it. However, he wasn't against the idea of being tied up, but-

"Oh my God, you totally are!" the grape haired boy squealed.

"No, I'm not! What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing's wrong," he shrugged, smirking. "It's six-thirty, by the way."

Brendon's eyes widened. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

♡♡♡

Along with trying to kill the butterflies in his stomach, the majority of the party consisted of talking with Nicole. At some point though, Nicole left, so he was stuck talking to Dallon again. He definitely didn't hate talking to Dallon, he just wished his soulmate would come and save him.

He stood by the entrance to the living room, where the music was coming from, watching almost everyone come in from his school.

Including Ryan Ross.

His presence in Brendon's mind soon vanished, not as easy as he wished, but it was soon enough after Dallon started talking to him. A few minutes later, the pop song that was blaring through the speakers ended.

Play the song, it's Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

Everyone awed in disappointment while some people were smiling ridiculously like they knew something he didn't. Something inside Brendon churned as if he could sense that this is what R was talking about.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

He continued to not fully listen to Dallon, instead glancing around to see if he could spot anyone walking towards him.

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

Brendon did notice that Dallon's face became more and more flustered once the song progressed, though.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Dallon was awkwardly shifting around, getting Brendon to break his attention from the horde of wickedly grinning people and place it back onto the giraffe.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

Dallon's words were drowned out by the song, the words echoing in Brendon's ears like a lost man shouting in an abandoned cave.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Brendon did notice Dallon's slight shifting towards him but didn't think too much of it. Brendon looked away from Dallon again, seeing everyone's eyes on a boy with lighter, wavy, brunette hair and honey eyes. He was making his way over to Brendon, so he turned back to his tree friend to avoid Ryan.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

Dallon pulled Brendon's face to his, capturing his lips in an unexpected kiss. Brendon pulled away a few seconds later, enjoying a bit of it until the churning was very apparent in his stomach.

I just want you to know who I am

Brendon looked around, no longer seeing the boy until he looked out of the room and into the marble foyer. The slam of the door rang throughout the house, somehow louder than the music.

I just want you to know who I am

However, he did catch the tall figure with wavy brown hair disappear behind the door and outside into the chilly November night.

I just want you to know who I am

--

A/N: I might not be as active in updating this story since school has started back up, and soon dance will as well and this time of year is crazy, so I apologize if updating takes two-four week(e)s. I'll try to prewrite as much as possible, though.

See you soon 💕