The Dance

Evan's PoV

I ended up not having many classes with Amy, but I think that's for the better. We end up distracting each other and get yelled at most of the time. We share global history and gym, which isn't so bad. She's been talking to me about this club that just started up.  I'm not interested in clubs but she somehow dragged me into it.

Walking down the empty hallway I found myself having trouble finding the right room, I think I got lost-again. After what seemed like forever I finally found the right room. '214' I don't see how I was having trouble when I've been going to this school for three years.. Opening the door  Amys' standing on a table with a paper in her hand while Damion and Justin sit down around the table, laughing. She glanced up and her eyes met mine and somehow she got even more excited.

"Evan, we've been waiting for you. We need to discuss what activity we're doing as a fundraiser." I slowly made my way over to the table with confusion evident on my face. "We're already doing a fundraiser? School just started.."

Amy sighed dramatically while I took a seat at the table, she jumped down before patting my shoulder.

"We were thinking about doing a bake sale.." Justin started while Amy nodded.

"..but then Damion came up with an idea we think everyone will like. A dance. Doesn't that sound fun?" Justin asked looking at me with a small smile on his face. He made it seem like he didn't want to do a dance. To be honest I wasn't fond of the idea either..

Looking down at the paper there were so many things written down, how could we possibly afford this?
"Yeah, it does," I answer back, not taking my eyes off the paper. I found myself becoming nervous at the thought of being with too many people. "Well, let's discuss what else we need and where it's held," Damion said fixing the other papers in front of him, he glanced up at me and smiled. Amy got back onto the table, acting a fool as we continued to plan out this dance.

_________________

I glanced down at the small list of things I needed to buy. 'Balloons, fairy lights, large lanterns, plastic cups, and paper plates' Amy decided to split up the supply shopping among the four of us. Her and Damion had way more than Justin and me. I only have a few things on the list cause' I'm the one whos most likely going to get lost and forget something. Mentally groaning at how I could've taste-tested all the food, I walk into the store with an empty cart-and an empty stomach.  Tapping the cart I scan the aisles, wondering where all the party supplies are. Turning down the aisle that said party supplies.  I grab two different packages of paper plates.

Gold or red?

After standing in the same spot as if I were an idiot for five minutes I decide on going with both. I don't see how that was a hard decision but at this point. oh well. Tossing them in the cart I look further down the aisle grabbing everything else we need. That was somehow easier than I thought. All the items I needed to grab were either in the same aisle or the next one down.

Pushing the cart I make my way to the cashier, grabbing myself a candy bar. I needed the sugar after all this confusion and decision making. The lady scans the items, giving a small smile, while I smile in return.

"Thank you, have a great evening" Her voice was calm making me relax slightly. "You too" Whispering out I hold the bags tightly in my hands, praying to God I don't drop anything.

I walked back to the car with the bags stopping when a small black wallet is sitting on the ground in front of me. A tall man caught my attention while he walked to his car, slowly getting in.

"Hey, you dropped your wallet!" I yelled, grabbing it before speedwalking as fast as I can. Rushing over to the stranger with all my bags, I struggle to not fall over. He turned his head towards me, revealing the sharp blue eyes that looked tiredly at me. My eyes widened in surprise and I found myself stuttering. He slowly started walking towards me, shutting his car door. Coming to a halt in front of me, he grabbed his wallet.

He towered over me, peering down at me through his dark lashes I couldn't help but stare. He cleared his throat, looking down at my bags he held his hand out.  My eyes widened at his gesture looking down at the bags in my hand I nodded slowly. He then took the bags from my hands and waited for me to lead the way. Walking towards my car I opened the trunk and he helped me put the bags in. The mystery man started to walk away, getting into his car. "Thank you!" I yelled, feeling flustered and embarrassed, he waved at me and drove off.

I placed my hand on my chest, it still was racing even after all of that, I couldn't get those blue eyes out of my mind.

_________________

Amy led me into the cafeteria, the sound of students laughing and yelling heard. Looking around the whole place is crowded, some people were standing in the hallway taking pictures. I felt myself becoming nervous. Looking around lanterns and fairy lights were scattered throughout the cafeteria. Some were hung from the ceiling, some lanterns were placed neatly on the tables. Balloons were tied to chairs and were all around the entrance. As we walk we see Damion and Justin standing against the wall, laughing."Let's go dance, Eva!" Amy grabs my arm, looking up to me with a smile. "What's with the girly nickname?"  She shakes her head and wanders off into the crowd while I take a seat and stuff my face with cake. Dancing with Amy is fun, but I'd rather eat. Amy runs back to me, pulling me up. 

She wraps her arms around my waist she looks up at me.

"Come dance with me" she whines.