Chapter Twenty Two - Expressing Myself

Noah's PoV

It's been almost three weeks since I've been in the hospital. Evan hasn't left my side.
He continues to help me up, and also feed me.
Even though I can do it myself. It's embarrassing when Amy walks in on him holding a spoon to my mouth.

"Here comes the airplane, open wide" He makes an engine noise, holding the spoon full of chocolate pudding to my mouth.

Narrowing my eyes at him I obediently open my mouth eating the pudding.

"Guess what guys-" Amy barges in with a huge smile on her face along with Justin and Damion.

"Sorry for interrupting" She states, while Evan's face lights up in embarrassment.

Good, now he knows how I feel.

"But! Guess what!" She walks up to us, grabbing Evans arm making him drop the spoon on the tray.

"What" We both ask in unison.

"Noah's getting discharged tonight" Justin and Damon sing, holding up the paperwork.

Evan looks at me, giving a small smile, his smile said one thing but his eyes said another story. He's worried.

Smiling I grab onto his hand without thinking, looking up at everyone.
"That's great, so I guess I should get my stuff ready"

"Here's the paperwork." Justin places the papers on the table next to me.
Evan stands up, grabbing the papers he sits back down.
"Want me to fill it out?" He shakes his head while he continues to work on the papers.
Amy and Justin watch tv while Damion goes down to the lobby for coffee.

_______________________

Groaning I stand up walking slowly to the car while Evan watches me.

"You sure you don't need any help? I could-"

"Evan I'm fine trust me. If I needed help I would ask.." Opening the car door I sit down. He nods his head putting the bags in the trunk before coming to the driver's side.

"Time to go home Noah" He sings with a big smile pressing on the gas. The car ride is silent, but it's comfortable. The street lights were dim but lit up the sidewalk.

The car turns, pulling into my driveway. My chest tightens slightly at the thought of my family. Sighing I open the door going to the front entrance.
"Wait for me!" Evan rushing up to the door carrying the bags struggling to lock the car.
"I am.." Mumbling I take my keys out, unlocking the front door. Holding the door open for Evan he rushes in, dropping himself on to the floor along with the two bags of clothes and medicine.

"Really? You're being dramatic"
He looks up at me with narrow eyes sticking his tongue out.

Walking into the kitchen I grab the bag of Doritos off the counter, along with a Pepsi for myself.

"What about me?" Evan stands up, walking up to me with puppy eyes.

"Get it yourself" Rolling my eyes I go up to my room.

Sitting down slowly on the bed I put Netflix on while waiting. He bursts through the door holding up popcorn and Pepsi with a huge smile on his face.
"You really are a different species.." Mumbling I put on a random movie laying back on the bed.
"I heard that!" He jumps onto the bed.

"I know" Laughing quietly we sit quietly watching the movie. Evan quickly turns to me, his brown eyes staring up at me.

"What?"

"Noah."

"Yes?"

"C-can we talk? About before.." He mumbles out, looking down at his hands. Sighing quietly I nod my head.

This was gonna' come up at some point..

He sits up straight not taking his eyes off the tv.
"Well, I like you a lot. Ever since I saw you at the store.. And when you helped me. I care about you so much"

He turns to me with a small smile on his face. "But I'm fine with being friends..unless you don't want to be" His voice cracked as he finished his sentence.

"Evan"
He looks back up at me with tear-filled eyes, making my heartbreak. Wrapping my arm around his waist I pull him closer, feeling him freeze against me.

"I'm sorry.." Mumbling out I place a soft kiss on his forehead. He tilts his head up looking at me with those mesmerizing brown eyes. Humming he closes his eyes.
"So.. What does that mean?" He asks quietly, peering up at me through his dark lashes.

Bringing my face closer to his I stop myself, making him whine.

"Noah come on"

Humming quietly I press our lips together gently. Feeling his soft lips against mine I deepen the kiss. Pushing my tongue into his mouth, they fought for dominance, but in the end I won. I let my tongue explore every crevice making Evan moan quietly, wrapping his arms around my neck pulling me down on top of him.

Leaning back I watch him pant, looking up at me with his eyes clouded in lust. Smiling I kiss his forehead once more before leaning back on the bed, watching the movie.

"Noah" He whines, sitting up quickly.