Chapter Nineteen - Don't Leave Me

Evan's PoV

Walking into the classroom I make my way over to my desk, sitting down with a thump. My mind immediately wandered to him..
Noah..

Groaning I put my head down, wishing that the day could go by faster. Amy said it'll be fine and that he just needs time.

I felt the tears prick my eyes, but I pushed my feelings to the back of my mind.
My phone buzzed in my pocket, catching my attention before I could fall asleep.

Amy: Evan!!!           

Evan: What.          

Amy: There's a lot of commotion in the hallway. Apparently, there was a serious accident not too far from the school. Is everyone in your class??

Sitting up in my seat I felt my heartbeat pick up the pace. What if it was Noah?

There's no way...

Shaking my head, I push my doubt to the back of my mind.

Evan: Everyone except Noah, but he's most likely at home.

Amy: You sure..?

Her words struck something in me, I need to know if he's home and safe.

Gulping I open our messages, figuring out what to send. I don't want to seem obsessed with him.

Evan: hey, you coming to school? Apparently there was an accident so be careful..

I sat in English, waiting for his response but in the end, I got nothing. Making me assume the worst.
The beg rang, signaling the end of class.
Gathering my books I rush out of the classroom, looking for Amy.

"Amy!" She turns to look at me with wide eyes.

"E-Evan.." She starts, gripping her shirt tightly. Amy looked at the ground, her shoulders shaking slightly.

"Justin and Damion just told me.."

"Amy tell me already" Whining I looked at her, dreading the words that may leave her mouth.

"It was N-Noah..He got into the car accident. He's in the hospital right now, they're doing their best to save him. They immediately put him into surgery."

She said walking up to me quickly she pulled me into a tight hug while I felt like my whole world was collapsing.
I felt the tears fall, dripping onto her shirt while I cried my eyes out.

The boy I loved was in the hospital, holding on for his life while I was sitting here worried about our relationship.

"I-I need to see h-him" I sobbed out she nodded her head quickly, leading me outside the school to her car.

"Everything will work out Evan. Noah will pull through this surgery, he's tough. Don't think negative"

Amy rubbed my shoulder with her hand, while the other was on the steering wheel.

Nodding my head I stared down at my shaking hands, picking at my nails while the tears continued to fall.

_______________________

Amy held my hand while we walked into the hospital, my hands continued to shake as we made our way over to the desk.

"Hello, we're here to see Noah Collen.." Amy watched the lady while she typed into her computer. She looked up at us, handing us three cards.

"These two are for the both of you and the other one has the room number on it along with the name of his doctor and the nurses who will be taking care of him. He just got out of surgery so please be careful"

My hands shook as I reached out to grab the card. Gulping I looked down at the card that has the room number.

'Noah Collen:
Age: 19      Doctor: Dr. Brian

Rm: 245     Nurse: Kenzie'

Sniffling I nodded my head, walking towards the stairs while Amy thanked the lady.

We walked up the stairs and through the hallway, stopping at room 245.

Taking a deep breath in I moved my hand up to the door, opening it slowly.

My heart beats rapidly in my chest as I step into the room. 

My breath hitches as I quickly walk up to him. Bruises and cuts littered his face while his left arm and right leg were bandaged.

A dark purple bruise was forming around his eye. An oxygen mask was placed on him while the large machine sat next to him. I can't stand the sight of him in this condition.

My legs gave out, causing me to fall to the floor. Gripping the side of the bed tightly I sobbed, looking down at the floor. It feels like my heart shattered. The tears filled my eyes, my vision becoming blurry.

Amy helped me stand up, sitting in a chair next to him. I grabbed his hand, holding it gently while I cried. My whole world was laying in front of me in a hospital bed, hanging onto life by a thread.

"P-please Noah...Please don't leave me" I choked out, putting my head down.