A Day with You

Noah's PoV

All the stress I've been given immediately disappears when Evans around. After the two days he spent the night we decided to hang out more. Honestly I wasn't sure how good it would go, but I hoped for the best.

Walking downstairs I grab my coat and walk out the door in anticipation. The sun was shining but I couldn't help but feel somewhat upset.

Evan wants to show me this small cafe, he seemed really excited, I wasn't really a cafe person but if he wanted to go I would go too.

Dropping myself in the car I shut the door, feeling my body become tense. Driving wasn't my favorite thing to do, there was no other way to get to destinations. Unless I took the bus.

The ride to his house didn't take too long, and I found myself waiting in the front with the window partially down.

Fishing for my phone I send a text to Evan notifying that I was here. I glanced up towards his house to see him rushing out the door.
I watched with weary eyes as he opened the passenger door and dropped himself down. Letting out a sigh he look over to me with a smile.

Damn.
Smiling towards him I looked back at the road, driving away from his house.

"Sorry, I had to help Izzy with her homework."
He rubbed the back of his head with a slight blush tinting his cheeks.

"Don't worry." Mumbling I lean one arm against the arm rest, the other one the wheel. The ride was silent, before Evan cleared his throat.

"W-What does your family do for a living?"
There's the question I was waiting for. I didn't talk about my family too much but it brought unnecessary memories at times.

"My mother was a doctor, and my father owned a management company" I glanced over at him once we stopped at a red light. Evans eyes were filled to the brim with curiosity.

"Really? What about your siblings? Are they working?" He leaned towards me, a huge smile on his face.

This conversation needed to end, I was starting to feel uncomfortable. He didn't know they passed away—and he didn't need to know.

"Can we not talk about this.."

His eyes widen in surprise, flashing a glint of hurt. We came to a stop in front of the cafe. After parking I turned the car off and walked over towards the passengers side.
He looks up at me through the window, his face flushed.
Moving my hand towards the door I pulled it open gently.

He stood up while mumbling a quiet 'Thank you' Evan quickly walked up to the door of the cafe, opening it.

"After you" Smiling he motions me inside, for some reason I felt embarrassed when he held the door open for me.

"Thank you" Winking at Evan I walk into the cafe, the smell of coffee filling my senses.
White tables had small vases of roses on top of them, with a few lanterns hanging on the walls.

Before I can compliment the cafe Evan grabs my arm and takes us to a table, sitting me down.

A lady walks up to us with two menus.
"Welcome to Caroline's Cafe here's the menu, when you decide what you want call me over."
With a smile she turns and walks away.

Looking through the menu there's a lot of different things that sound appealing.

"Does the pumpkin spice iced cappuccino sound good?"

He looked up at me with a questioning gaze, his wavy brown hair bouncing slightly. I had the urge to touch it, but quickly pushed it back.
Nodding my head I look at the menu then back at him.

"I might get the apple cinnamon spice cake."

His face lit up, with a smile he motions the lady to come back.

"Have you gentlemen decided already? That was quick." She looked down at us with a small smile on her face. Evan nodded his head quickly.
"Could we please have one pumpkin spice iced cappuccino and a slice of the apple cinnamon spice cake?"

Writing down our orders she takes the menus, holding them underneath her arm.
"Your order will be out in a couple minutes."

"Thank you." Evan sat up in his chair, looking out the window. The lady nodded her head and walked back into the kitchen.

It didn't take long for our order to come out, I could smell the cake from where we were sitting.

The lady walked towards us with a tray. On the tray was the iced cappuccino and the slice of apple cinnamon spice cake.

"That cake looks good" His voice came out soft, but his eyes were basically fucking the cake.  God, he was something else.
She sets the tray down, laughing quietly.

"Enjoy boys!" With a smile on her face she goes to the next customer.

Evan sipped on his cappuccino, and I took small bites of my cake. Evan occasionally looked up at the slice of heaven. It was delicious and I would be coming back here.  But with Evan looking at the cake it made me feel guilty.

"You can have a taste." Looking at him, his eyes widened. "Really?" Evan leaned forward, there was a sparkle in his eyes. Almost like a child.

Nodding my head I put some cake on the spoon and point it towards him.
He opened his mouth, taking the spoon into his mouth. I felt my face heat up slightly watching him eat the small piece.
"It's really good"
I occasionally gave Evan bites of the cake while we continued to talk.
He showed me pictures of his art and places he went when he was younger.

The waitress came over when we were done and gave us the bill. "I'll pay." Evan tried to argue but I handed her a twenty.

She laughed looking at both of us
"You guys are adorable, you two make a good couple." Evan looks up at her, his face beet red, while I sat still looking out the window.
"W-we're not dating"
All she did was smile and walk away.

"Let's go" I stood up, grabbing his arm to lead him outside of the cafe. He only nodded his head with a smile on his face.
Even though he seemed happy, he stayed quiet the entire ride back to his house.

Evan sat in the car, looking out of the window while I pulled up in front of his house. This was goodbye until next time.

"T-thank you, I'll see you later" He murmured, stepping out of the car. I watched him walk into the house.

Pulling out of the driveway I drive down the dimly lit road, smiling to myself. I felt happier now more than I was before.