The Man From Before

Evan's PoV

Dropping myself down onto the bed I kicked off my shoes, finally home. Thank God Amy took me home.
I'm so sorry bed, I'll never leave you again.
Pulling the covers over my body I slowly drift off into a blissful sleep.

____________________________

Yawning I sit up, looking out the window. The blanket was draped over my body carelessly, the sun had already set a long time ago. Now, the moon was out shining brightly.
I gently toss the covers to the side to get out of bed. The door creaked making me jump slightly. As I took slow steps downstairs the television could be heard—maybe Izzy was awake.

Mumbling quietly I made my way into the kitchen, not taking any glances towards the living room. I fumbled through the cabinets before my eyes immediately flew to the delicious popcorn.
Throwing it into the microwave I jump, feeling Izzy's arms snake around my waist.
"Izzy! Oh my goodness" I push her hands off me, my heart was beating out of my chest. She laughed quietly, stepping back to lean on the table.

"Didn't mean to scare you. What are you making?"
Sighing I turn around, placing my hands on my hips.

"Making popcorn, now get out."

I waved my hands towards her, pushing her back into the living room.
She mumbled in protest under her breath but went back into the living room willingly.

A couple of minutes later I join her on the couch. We stuffed our faces with popcorn, laughing at some parts of the movie.
When the movie finally ended I wrapped the blanket around me while Izzy went into her room, turning the lights off.

I welcomed the dark, it helped me sleep better.

____________________________

"Evan.." Groaning I cover my face trying to block out the voice. It continued to annoy me with how loud it was getting.

"Evan, get up. You're going to be late. You know I have work. Izzy's already dressed and ready. Oh my goodness what happened to your face?" My mother gasped out, grabbing my shoulder.

Opening my eyes, I sit up to see my mom standing in front of me with her hand on her hip, the other on my shoulder.
"Nothing happened." Quickly getting up I make my way back up into my room before my mom could question me further.

Looking through my closet I decided to go with a purple short-sleeved shirt with blue ripped jeans and my white Nike high tops.

A basic outfit for a basic person.

After brushing my teeth, and doing my hair I look into the mirror.

I looked like shit. The bruise forming on my jaw was large. I ran my fingers over it, making me wince.

I had a mental note never to mess with Chris, grabbing my bag and I make my way downstairs.

"Izzy. Let's go!" I groan as a headache starts to form. Today was going to be ass, I already knew it.

"Izzy's waiting in the car for you."
My mom says walking up to me and kissing my forehead.

"Be careful at school honey, I don't want you coming home hurt again." My mom says with concern on her face. "We will talk about this later"

"I'm fine, I promise it won't happen again. I'll be leaving then. I love you." I held the bag to my side tightly, smiling at her.

"I love you too sweetheart."

Walking out of the house I make my way to the car. Dropping into the seat I start to drive not caring about a seatbelt.

"Finally, I've been waiting for you Izzy replies, rolling her eyes.

"It's not my fault I got up late."

Grumbling she turned her head towards the window. The ride was mostly silent, only the quiet music playing softly in the background was there.
Getting out of the car, Izzy goes running to her friends.

Looking around I see Amy talking to Justin. Walking over to them Justin spots me first, smiling he waves towards me.

"Hey, Evan, man you look like shit." He laughed, rubbing the back of his head.

"I know" Mumbling I  put my arm on Amy's shoulder.
She looks at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't defend you." I knew she felt guilty, but it was nothing she could control.

"It's fine, don't worry. What're you guys talking about?" I tilted my head while Justin's eyes glistened with curiosity.

"Apparently there's a new kid. He's a senior but we haven't seen him yet." Amy said softly walking into the school with Justin.
Following them both, I hummed quietly.
"What's his name?

"Noah Collins." Justin states.

I felt my body shiver, just his name made him sound like a god. Nodding my head I continue to listen to their conversation.

"Well Justin and I have the first period together so we'll get going," Amy smiled, walking off with him. Just left me by myself..

Groaning I turn and walk in the opposite direction, heading to homeroom.
I sat in the chair quietly, putting my head on the desk. The classroom slowly filled with students. Once everyone is in the teacher quiets the class down.

"Everyone! Quiet down! I have some news for you." Miss Rosa smiled excitedly, clapping her hands together. Lifting my head up to listen she then spoke up again.
"We have a new student joining us today."
A huge smile on her face, while she turned to the door. "You can come in now."

In walks a tall boy, black shirt, sweatpants, chocolate brown hair, and piercing blue eyes.
"Kids this is Noah Collen. Please welcome him and treat him nicely."
My heart immediately started beating rapidly. Then he looked my way and our eyes met, which didn't help.

My breath hitched as I felt my face slowly heat up.

A lump began to form in my throat as he walked to the back of the room, sitting far away from everyone. Noah didn't say anything, he just put his head down.

I gulped, looking forward trying not to get distracted.