Chapter Eighteen - The Struggle

Noah's PoV

I slammed the car door shut, not caring that Evan was standing there crying. My whole body felt disgusting as the memory kept replaying in my mind. Reminding me how wrong that is.

I kissed him-no I made out with him.

Sighing to myself my grip on the steering wheel tightens. My knuckles visibly turn white.

I turn into the gas stations parking lot, hopping out of the car I slam the car door.

The bell rings as I open the door.

"Good afternoon sir, what brings you here today" The older man smiled at me, his mustache moving slightly as he talks.

"Looking for something to drink" I mumbled out, while he simply smiled at me.

"Maybe an iced tea?"

Shaking my head I open the cooler, grabbing a six-pack of Corona beer. I turn around, placing it on the counter while grabbing a variety of chips and candy.

"How old are you young man? You don't look twenty-one" The old man raises a brow, looking me up and down in suspicion.
Fishing around in my pocket I pull out my wallet, showing the man my fake I.d.

He laughs to himself rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, you just look so young."

Nodding my head I watch as he rings up the items. I hand the man a fifty, grabbing my bags.

"Hey, don't forget your change!"
He says, tapping my shoulder as I make my way to the door.

"Keep it"

The door rings again as it closes behind me.
I throw the bags in the passenger seat while I get into the car, driving off back to my house.

_______________________

Groaning I fall down onto my bed, opening the bottle of beer. My face twists in disgust as the liquid went down my throat.

I continue to down the drink while a comedy plays, hoping to get my mood back up. But, my mind wanders to Evan.
His tear-stained cheeks and flustered face as I pushed him away because I'm scared.

The way he looked at me with the most hurt expression, like he just lost everything he cared about, reminds me of when I lost my family.

Groaning I throw the bottle across the room, watching it shatter as it hit the wall. Sitting up I grab my hair, feeling myself get angry.

I hurt the only person who cared about my well being.
Even when I was an asshole, he was still there.

My eyes watered as I thought about Evan, he was my family now.

Bringing my knees up to my chest I fall back onto the bed, crying myself to sleep.

_______________________

Groaning I sit up as the sun blared in my eyes. Mumbling to myself I look at my clock. 9:45.

Shit..

Getting out of bed I rub my head, feeling a headache forming from last night. Throwing on a red sweatsuit and my timberlands I make my way downstairs.

I need to talk to him today. I need to make things right. These are feelings I've never felt for another guy.

Grabbing my bag I go into the bathroom, brushing my teeth.
Fishing through the drawers I pick out the red car keys. Walking outside the sun blares in my eyes as the cold air hits me, making me shiver slightly.

Hopping into my car I take the longer route to school, hoping to see Evan somewhere.

Speeding down the street I turn the corner, stopping at a red light.

I press the gas when the light goes green, from the corner of my eye a red truck comes speeding off the side street, slamming into me, flipping the car down the street.

The window breaks, sending my head against the pavement.