My Big Mouth

Evan's PoV

Groaning I somehow found myself yelling at the top of my lungs for Izzy. She never gets up on time and expects me to wake her up. It's frustrating. "Izzy! Hurry up we gotta go!" I yelled, after a couple of minutes I heard shuffling and then she ran down the stairs with her shoe half on along with her papers and bag in hand.

"I'm coming! Geez, I feel so rushed" She breathed before pushing past me. Letting out a frustrated groan I head to the car. "You should feel rushed I was waiting for you, I don't want to be late" I mumbled opening the door before dropping myself down into the driver's seat. Izzy turned the radio on, putting the volume up so she couldn't hear my nagging. After driving for about five minutes we found ourselves at a red light. An awkward silence filled the air as we sat still.

"Hey, Izzy?" She turned her head towards me while I stared ahead at the road. "Yeah?" She sighed, leaning back in the seat. "How's school been so far? Do you like high school?" She didn't respond for a minute, then blurted out "It's been fine, I do my homework and stay out of trouble." Laughing I turn the corner. "I find that hard to believe" rolling my eyes she laughs, pulling out her phone.

_______________________________

As soon as I walk through the doors I'm immediately yanked.

"Amy there are better ways to say hi"

I'm yanked harder and motioned into the boy's bathroom.

Guess it's not Amy.

Of course, that's a classic.
I'm pushed against the wall, a sharp pain shooting up my back. Wincing I close my eyes tightly.

I sit on the ground, my hand moving to rub the sore spot, a bruise was definitely going to form.
Propping myself up I stand, glancing up at the boy in front of me I felt myself go rigid.

Chris.

"I'm tired of seeing you hanging with Amy. Just stay away from her, alright?"
He glared at me, shoving his hands into his pockets. Anger filled his eyes. I knew he never really enjoyed the thought of me with her.

"Why'd you have to drag me into the bathroom to tell me this?"

Chris stood there silent for a while, it was annoying. Did he have a thing for me or Amy? Probably her, but the thought of teasing him just sounded amazing.

"You like me?" I gasped, my hand went up to my mouth. Pretending to act shocked was easy. He immediately tensed up, disgust written all over his face.
He walked over to me, grabbing the collar of my shirt while I stood there smiling.

"You should've told me sooner" Winking at him, His fist went flying towards me, hitting me on the jaw.
Groaning I rub my face, kicking my foot out it came in contact with his stomach.

"You like Amy." Snapping my fingers I run towards the exit, the adrenaline coursing through my veins.
Chris lifts his head up, his face flustered, but pure anger was shown.
"You little shit" he cracks his knuckles, chasing me into the hallway.
Running through the hallway I take a sharp turn, sucking in to hide.

Looking around the corner he went straight. I sit for a moment to catch my breath.
Letting out a sigh of relief I grab my phone to check the time, my eyes widened in surprise.
The fear of the teacher getting upset made me rush to history.

I run to get to class, peeking around every corner to make sure Chris isn't there. Opening the door to the room all eyes are on me instantly.

"Mr. Hart, any reason why you're late?" Miss Wilkins looked at me, obviously annoyed. I sucked in a breath, walking to the back to sit with Amy.

"Bathroom troubles, it won't happen again," I replied sitting down at my desk.
Girls were giggling in the background, while the boys sat there glaring. Miss Wilkins let out a sigh sitting down and continuing with her lesson.

"Evan? What really happened?" Amy whispered looking concerned.

"Chris, he tried to attack me." Mumbling I rolled my eyes, well technically he did.

"He what?" Amy questioned her voice louder. Everyone turned and glared at Amy. Embarrassed her face slightly turn pink.

"Heh sorry.." She whispered, lowering her head. She started flooding me with questions. After quieting her down I put my head down.
"We're going to talk to him after school." She stated, voice full of determination.

"What no bad idea. He will kill me." I whispered, not taking my head off the desk. The thought of messing with him was fun, but I'd rather not get injured more.

___________________

Walking down the hallway, I look for Amy while people are staring at me. They whispered under their breath. My mind was all over the place, I was paranoid. Continuing to walk but I come to a sudden halt.

"Chris said he's going to beat up Evan. Should we tell him he's here?"
A short girl with an hourglass figure questioned, her long hair swaying side to side as she leans over to her friend.
Rushing to get out of the school almost to the door, I'm suddenly pulled back from my bag and slammed into a locker.

Standing up and I look forward to see Chris.
"Ah, your back to talk again" Waving at him I rub my back again, the painful spark returning.

Chris swung at my face, his fist coming in contact with my jaw yet again. Falling back into the lockers I touched my face. The pain was overwhelming, making tears pool in my eyes. Crimson red blood smeared on my hand. Gross.

Whimpering as he kicks my stomach, black speckles cloud my vision. I could feel my conscious slipping.

His fist went swinging towards me again. I shut my eyes tightly, waiting for the impact. Please make me pass out. It hurts too much.

Opening my eyes slowly Chris is on the floor holding his cheek with wide eyes. In front of me is a tall boy with chocolate brown hair.

He turned towards me, looking down at my face. Those familiar piercing blue eyes staring down into my brown ones.
He grabs my arm, pulling me up onto my feet. Letting go he turns away, walking down the hallway. My body swayed slightly and my legs felt wobbly.

Amy runs up to me, wrapping her arms around me. I felt relieved to have her with me. But at the same time, I just wanted to go home.
"Let's get you to the nurse" she sobs out quietly against my chest.

The crowd dispersed, a sigh slipped past my lips while we slowly walked down the hallway.