Chapter Twenty - Memories

Noah's PoV

Groaning I sit up, finding myself in my old bedroom.
What the..

Standing up I winced, looking down at my hand it was wrapped.
The football game.. But that was last year.

"Noah come down already, You're going to be late!" A voice sings from outside the door.

That can't be..

The door swung open, revealing my mother in a blue dress with a pink apron. Her blonde hair tied up into a bun.

"Everyone's eating already silly, hows your hand?"

She walks up to me, holding my hand gently.

"M-mom?"

"Yes honey?"

She looks up at me, her ocean blue eyes trained on me.

"B-but I- no you and them were-"

"Sweetheart lets go downstairs before your breakfast gets cold. It's your favorite."

Nodding my head I stand up, following her down into the kitchen.

"Finally Noah, took you long enough" My father mumbled as he sipped on his coffee. Rage filled my body as I watched him sit there like nothing happened.

Sitting down I ignore him, digging into the food in front of me.
"So.. Where is Jessica and Timothy?"

My mother smiled grabbing the empty plate, putting into the sink.

"They already left for school, you should go now too"

Nodding my head I go back into my room, getting dressed.

After brushing my teeth I walked back downstairs, my mother gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Off you go" She smiles, waving outside the door.

___________________________

Walking into the school immediately people ran up to me, talking about different things ranging from football to them coming over today.

I hate it.

I hated the attention.

"Noah! Oh my god I missed you so much" My girlfriend, Rose ran up to me, wrapping her arms around my neck she pushed her lips against mine.

Placing my hands on her waist I gently push her back, making her look up at me with a confused look.

"Noah?"

"Sorry.. I'm just not in the mood"

"Not in the mood.." She repeated, looking up at me. The people around be backed up, their voices silenced by hers.

I stood there, feeling myself start to get nervous with the silence.

"Noah stop messing around" They all spoke at once making me jump.

"W-what?"

Looking around me I backed up, making them all take one step forward.

"You're mine right?" She questioned, reaching her arm out to me. Looking at me with her innocent eyes.

"Rose-"

"You should just die already."

She said, her once beautiful eyes filled with disgust and hatred. The people around me walked forward, grabbing my arms.

Panic set in as I tried to shake them off, but more hands reached out to me. Falling to the ground I backed away into a corner. My eyes widened as I watched all the hands reach out towards me, blocking out the light.

"The world would be a better place without you, but you know that already."

My heart ached as those words hit me like a knife. Bringing my knees up to my chest I hide my face, trying to block out the voice.

"Honey? What're you doing there? Come here"

Looking up slowly my mother is standing in front of me, her sundress flowing gently as the sun glared down.

"Come here Noah"

She held her arms out to me, standing up I run into her arms, she disappears before I can wrap my arms around her, sending me falling.

Closing my eyes tightly I wait for the impact, the broken bones, everything. But it never came.

"Why don't you get a job already! I'm the only one working!" My mother yelled at my father while she drove.

Opening my eyes slowly I find myself in the car where my hell started. Turning my eyes Jessica and Timothy sat next to me, their eyes filled with tears. Pulling them close to my chest I rub their backs, trying to calm them down.

"You know I've been trying!" He yelled slamming his fists on the dashboard making me flinch.

"You haven't done anything to help this house! I'm through with this Adam!"

They continue to argue before my mother finally loses it.

"Get out! Get out! Get out! I'm dropping you off here"

"W-what?" My father asks in disbelief.

"I'm done, Adam this is where we say goodbye."

"No!" he shouts grabbing onto the wheel. The adrenaline rushed through my veins as I watched them fight over the wheel.

"We're going home together!" He yelled, turning the wheel violently, sending the car down the hill. The car continued to roll as everyone cried out.  Jessica and Timothy held onto each other as the car falls onto the tree.

My head hits the side of the car, making me blackout.

I'm left in darkness, the fear still coursing through my veins.

"Noah..?" His voice was faint, but it was clearly him.

"Evan- where are you?" I choked out, the tears threatening to fall.

"Noah.." His soft voice got closer.

A light emerged, blinding me for a moment.

"Noah..?"

Opening my eyes Evan is standing in front of me, tears in his eyes.

"W-why did you leave me.." He sobs out, wiping his tears. His face was flushed and his eyes were red from crying.

"E-Evan.." Walking up to him I wrap my arms around him as he cried into my shoulder. "I'm sorry.." Mumbling out he backs up putting his hands on my face.

"N-Noah?"

Humming I close my eyes as he brought his face closer to mine. My body starting to feel fuzzy.

"Wake up"

Opening my eyes Evan is standing in front of me with his hands at his sides.

"Wha-"

"Wake up"

His voice kept repeating the same words.

"Wake up!" He finally yelled.

Opening my eyes quickly I'm left staring at a white ceiling, letting out a sigh of relief.