Chapter Twenty Three - The King Is Back

Noahs' PoV

"He's back.."

"The king of the school"

Walking in I grip Evans waist tightly as people glared in our direction, while others looked in surprise.

"Faggot"

"Disgusting"

Students threw their slurs towards us, but once I spared them a glance they backed away with fear in their eyes.

We walked down the hallway to his locker. Stopping I leaned back against the locker next to his, watching the students with a death glare.

"Noah. Is it true you're with this faggot? Come on baby we all know that's a lie" Rebecca walked up to me, wrapping her arm around mine. Sighing I shake her arm off me, she looks up at me with a confused gaze.

"Listen here girl" Evan slams his locker, walking up to me, he wraps his arms around my waist.
"This man here is mine. You hear me? Mine." He glares at her before sticking his tongue out.
Smiling I turn to him, kissing his cheek. Rebecca gasps before storming off in a fit of rage.

"Be careful with your arm..I don't want you going to the hospital again." He mumbled out, holding my hand.

"I won't" rolling my eyes I look down at him, seeing worry and fear in his eyes.
"Evan, I won't trust me" kissing his forehead I grab his books with my other hand.

"See I'm fine.." Mumbling out I feel the uncomfortable sparks of pain shoot up my arm. Pushing the pain to the back of my mind I walk to English class hand-in-hand with Evan.

"You guys are the cutest! When did this happen?" Amy steps in front of us, hands on her hips.

"Last week" Evan said, smiling brightly. Amy hugged Evan, before turning her head to me. Sending death glares. 'I'm watching you' she mouths before backing up. "Well I have to get to class, see ya' later"

Amy walks past us down the hallway.

Sighing I hold the door open, watching Evan walk in with a smile.

"Mr. Collen, good to see you're back." The teacher smiled at me while I nodded my head.

Evan sat at his normal seat while I was secretly hoping he'd sit with me.

Sighing I put my head down, falling asleep.
_________________________

Stretching my arms I wince as the pain returns. Putting my hands in my pockets I walk beside Evan into the cafeteria.
"Aren't you hungry?"

Shaking my head I go and sit down while he goes up to get his lunch.

Damion, Justin and Amy walk in, holding a bag of Chinese food.

"Hey, Noah how're you feeling?" Damion sets the bag down on the table, looking at me with a smile.

"Better"

Nodding his head he takes out the containers of food.

"Wheres Evan?" Amy looked around with a confused look.

We all jumped slightly while we heard crashing and yelling. Standing up quickly I make my way over to see what happened.

"Faggot"

"Die already, the world doesn't need monsters like you"
The guy pushed Evan to the ground, making him spill the food. Tears filled his eyes while he stared down at the ground.

Rage filled me, storming over I grabbed the guys collar, punching him straight in the nose. Blood immediately gushed out while he yelled.

Pushing him back I watched as he fell to the ground. I felt like I was above them, the people around me watched me with wide eyes as I climbed on top of him.

I continuously punched him making sure he was bleeding. I slowly felt myself giving in to the devil inside me, my conscious slipping.
A pair of soft hands wrapped around my arm, snapping me out of it.

"N-Noah that's enough" he mumbled, his soft voice calming me down. 

Looking down the guys face is covered in blood, his eyes swollen shut. His nose was obviously broken while the blood continued to spill. His face had multiple cuts and his lip was busted with multiple wounds.

Standing up I grab Evans arm, not caring if I smudged the blood on him. Sighing I walked to the bathroom.

After washing off the blood and food from myself and Evan I slowly felt the pain in my arm returning. A throbbing sensation taking over.

"We're leaving" Evan nodded his head, leading me outside to his car. He drove down the road silently while I stared out the window, annoyed.

"Noah" He tapped my arm, opening my eyes we're parked in his driveway.
"My parents are still on their trip with Izzy, so don't worry."

Humming I got out of the car and walked into the house. Evan grabbed my hand, leading me up the stairs to his room.

_________________________

Sighing I roll over, watching Evan listen intently to the tv.

His lips were parted slightly, making me uncomfortable. "Evan?"

He turned to me, those chocolate brown eyes staring into mine.

His face was flushed slightly as I climbed on top of him.