FOUR.

CHAPTER FOUR.
"IF YOU GET LOST IN THE LIGHT, IT'S OKAY, I CAN SEE IN THE DARK"
Since We're Alone - Niall Horan

"Where are we going?" Ariana asked after they'd been driving for a couple minutes. She looked out the window at the passing houses, frowning when she noticed how unfamiliar they were. They definitely were not in Brooklyn anymore. She turned back to Calum, watching as he tapped his thumbs along to the music playing lowly from the radio. She wanted to turn it up but decided against it.

"To mine," Calum answered simply. She nodded, leaning her head on the window as her eyes fluttered closed. Slowly, she felt a hand creep up on her knee. Calum's hand was laying flat on the girl's knee, so Ariana put her's over top, lacing her fingers with his ringed ones. He squeezed them together slightly, causing the girl to smile small.

They arrived at Calum's apartment in midtown Manhattan a few minutes later. Ariana thought it was beautiful; it had a nice view of the city skyline, the sun setting over top of all the buildings. The apartment was quite large; a one story complex but a giant layout. The living area was spacious with a long L-shaped couch and a gigantic flat screen television and fireplace. The kitchen was big too, updated but it looked like it was never used. Calum didn't seem like he cooked, anyway. Maybe she could cook sometimes.

"I like it here," Ariana mused as she followed the boy into the kitchen.

"Glad someone does," he mumbled, throwing his keys on the counter. She frowned, turning to him. Calum leaned his back against the counter, arms crossed over his chest as Ariana lifted herself onto the smooth marble. She tugged him over to her, making the boy stand between her legs, facing her, as he crossed his arms. She began to play with his hair, running her fingers through it lightly.

"Can I ask you something?"

He hummed.

"Have you ever been in love?" she questioned, combing her fingers through his curls. He reached for her hands, pulling them away and instead letting them rest on his shoulders.

"I don't do love."

Ariana cocked her head to the side, her eyes scanning his pretty face. "Why not?"

"It's a trap," he said, gripping the edges of the counter beside her thighs. "You fall in love and you get hurt. I never understood it. Same with relationships. Just seems like a waste of time and energy all to get hurt at the end of it."

"Then what does that make us?" she asked carefully. He sighed.

"I don't know, angel." Calum glanced down at the girl's lips, of which her bottom one was caught between her teeth. He looked back up at her, his eyes dark.

"Well whatever it is, i like it."

Calum took a deep breath in and watched as Ariana leaned back on her hands. Her chocolate coloured hair fell down her shoulders as she tucked some behind her ear. The girl glanced down at him, a smile creeping across her lips. Calum thought she was beautiful.

Then he leaned in and kissed her. Calum moved one of his hands to cup her cheek gently as their lips began finding each other. Ariana kissed him back, falling into his touch. It was slow and gentle and passionate— different from what Calum was used to. Of all the girls he'd been with, it was never meaningful. But with Ariana, he wanted it to last. He had so much he wanted to give to her and the only way he could was through a kiss.

Ariana's arms rested on Calum's shoulders and she snaked them around his neck, pulling him closer as Calum slid his hands over her thighs. His tongue ran over her's, sending shivers through the girl as he bit her lower lip. Slowly, Calum's hands slid to her knees and he pushed lightly, spreading Ariana's legs apart so he could stand between them. He pulled her closer, allowing Ariana to wrap her legs around his waist as they kissed.