TWENTY.

CHAPTER TWENTY.
"LIVING IN A WORLD WHERE NO ONE'S INNOCENT, BUT AT LEAST WE TRY"
Rain On Me - Lady Gaga feat. Ariana Grande

 Ariana Grande

Calum had no fucking clue what he was doing

All edge had left him as Calum was standing in front of the man, gun in his right hand and left holding his phone. Calum's eyes flickered from the screen of his phone down to Marco, who sat tied to the wooden chair with an all but fitting smirk on his lips.

"You're not gonna shoot me," Marco said simply, his eyebrow raising as he teased Calum. The Maori boy gulped, tightening his grip around the gun as he looked his former superior in the eye. "I know you better than you think, Calum. You don't have the balls to shoot me."

"Try me." Calum switched the safety off of the firearm, aiming it straight between his eyes. Marco was right about one thing—he wouldn't shoot him. Not yet, not now. But he had the balls to do it. Of course he did. This was the moment Calum had been dreaming about all these years, holding Marco's life in his hands—literally. The gun that Calum's fingers wrapped around felt comfortable in his hold, a familiar feeling that had Calum feeling guilty about how at home he felt holding it. But he didn't care. All he cared about was the look of fear that flashed across Marco's eyes when he heard the safety lock pop off, so quick that Calum nearly missed it.

But he didn't, which is what had the smirk crawling Calum's lips. "You got something to say?"

"Not to you," Marco spat. Calum chuckled lowly, glancing over to where Luke stood, typing away on his phone. He cleared his throat, making the younger boy look up and wander over, taking the gun from Calum's hands as the older boy told him his plans.

"Keep an eye on him. I got a phone call to make," he explained, and Luke nodded as Calum headed out of the warehouse. On the way, he pulled out his phone and began dialling Ariana's number, only for it to ring before going to voicemail. He tried again, and when she didn't answer for a third time he waited to leave her a message.