SEVEN.

CHAPTER SEVEN.
"YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHING, JUST PRETEND YOU DO"
Ever Since New York - Harry Styles

Ariana fell asleep in Calum's arms. She was sleeping so soundly that he didn't want to disturb her, which is why he snuck out of her room around three in the morning. When Ariana woke up the next morning to an empty bed, she was sad but not surprised. She knew that Calum would had to have left eventually. She grabbed her phone from its charger on her bedside table and pulled up text messages. She had a few missed ones from the night before.

the circus 🎪

gio-cash 💸: are we still down for movies at my place this weekend ??
nerd juice 🕺: can't.
gio-cash 💸: why u so pressed lmao.

nerd juice 🕺 left the chat

gio-cash 💸: bruh moment 🤡

dumb whore 🦋: ... 😳

gio-cash 💸: what is lukes problem
gio-cash 💸: do u think this is about calum ??

dumb whore 🦋: i guess so? idk why else he'd be so mad.
he's never gotten like this before

gio-cash 💸: mans needs to chill. it's ur relationship
and he doesn't have a say in it

dumb whore 🦋: periodt !
dumb whore 🦋: he be acting like my whole ass
dad or sumn. i'm all like 😳😳

gio-cash💸: lmaoo he been knew u have daddy issues 🤡

dumb whore 🦋: LMAOOO 💀💀

princess 💕: u get home okay?
princess 💕: miss u

cal 😻❤️: yeah. call me?

Ariana pressed on Calum's contact, dialing his number and waiting for him to pick up. Two rings in and he answered.

"Hey, princess."

Ariana blushed, becoming flustered just at the sound of the boy's voice. "Hi."

"Sorry I had to leave while you were asleep. I didn't want to wake you," Calum said, his voice raspy over the call line. Ariana smiled to herself, laying back down on her bed. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah," she said, rolling onto her side. Ariana looked at the spot where Calum lay only hours before, the sheets still showing his presence. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," Calum said with a frown, though Ariana couldn't see. She also couldn't see where he was, or what he was doing — and Calum was thankful for that. "Hey, what are you doing tonight? I was thinking that I could maybe take you out for dinner."